Author Topic: I thought the old "news" were supposed to be gone  (Read 831 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I thought the old "news" were supposed to be gone
« on: August 29, 2002, 10:10:24 AM »
When I had my initial problems getting the "new postings" to work because of all the old topics that had regained their new designation, I thought you said that that had been fixed.  My "marking all topics as read" was supposedly going to clear that from any old ones and I assumed that it wouldn't happen any more.

Well, today there were a whole bunch of posts in the Luciaphil and Robin categories that had rejoined the "new" ranks.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: I thought the old "news" were supposed to be gone
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 11:06:44 PM »
Well, today there were a whole bunch of posts in the Luciaphil and Robin categories that had rejoined the "new" ranks.

I explained that if people use the "Mark ALL Posts As Read" on the BoardIndex (the first page on the forum) they would no longer see the "new" icon on older posts. However, you chose to use "Mark Topics as Read" on individual boards, to which I responded:

Well, I'm not quite sure how well that might work. You really should have clicked on the "Mark ALL Posts as Read" rather than marking the individual boards as read. But I suppose you'll see...

Unfortunately, now you know it didn't work...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: I thought the old "news" were supposed to be gone
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 09:00:50 AM »
Thank you for the answer!  Since it worked at first, I assumed all would be well :)
Josette