Author Topic: You're Here!!  (Read 839 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
You're Here!!
« on: May 09, 2002, 08:12:28 PM »
Last night from about 11 or 11:30 until well after 3 I kept trying and never could get here.  How nice to find it working!! :) :)

Now, I've got to find time to read 2 days worth of stuff!!!!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: You're Here!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 08:31:25 PM »
Oh, we're definitely still here, Josette.

Just a quick note to everyone who e-mailed inquiries last night:
We always appreciate your concern and interest. And rest assured that if there ever was a serious problem, you'd be the first to know because we'd send out an e-mail to all our registered members. But the simple fact is that from time to time it's inevitable that the forum will be down when our host does routine maintenance on its server. Unfortunately, unlike the times when I take the forum offline to do work on it, I can't put up a page that says the forum is down temporarily and to try again later. But the site will come back when the maintenance is finished, so there's really no need to worry. [smlyb]

Just remember - patience is a virtue. And in this case, though it isn't always easy, Midnite and I have to be patient too. [wink2]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: You're Here!!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 12:52:03 AM »
I wasn't really worried about it being gone - but it was certainly nice to be able to get in today! :)

The problem yesterday was that while occasionally I manage to sign on during the day and do some of it, yesterday was one of those when I had to do it all at night.  And, I had set my switch for the cable wrong and didn't get the show, so I was especially anxious to see the illustrated Robservations!  Since I'm up so late, I kept thinking that eventually I'd be able to get in and was quite frustrated that it never worked!! :)
Josette