Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0177  (Read 966 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0177
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:56:44 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0177
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:31 AM »
We had our first séance a few episodes back, and now we're gearing up for our first coffin check.  The question that occurs to me is: Can a series lose its virginity twice?

Carolyn played Dr. Guthrie's assistant today, instead of Vicky.  I can't see that it made any difference.  I did think that Carolyn's hair was getting a little long for the style she was wearing, but it doesn't matter because Guthrie's heart belongs to braless Vicky.

Suddenly Joe and Maggie are talking about marriage, and they've only just barely become an item!  I figure this is proof (if anybody was looking for it) that Joe and Carolyn never slept together.

John Lasell always seems to have trouble with his lines, and he's not an interesting enough actor to make up for it.  Hmm...continuing the general trend of this post, I really should have said that he wasn't a sexy enough actor to make up for it.  Well, that too.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
"Margaret" died in 1966, not 1967.

In this and especially in the next episode, I think, everybody gets smarter and more knowledgeable.   Marmorstein?    Well, Guthrie doesn't get smarter...  Guthrie wants Carolyn to suppose that reincarnation is real.  Then, based on this assumption he asked her to make "just because", he asks rhetorically, can we not also suppose that it happens as it does in the phoenix legend?   Yes, says Carolyn dutifully.   There you have it, logic is whatever an "expert" says it is!   Roger needed to walk in then, and say something like, could we not also suppose that Druids from beyond Neptune cause reincarnation?   We can suppose anything we like, I guess!

Lasell looks at teleprompter, and I catch him.

Joel Crothers can really add reality to the story, as Selby and Clarice B can.   JC gives us some very intense looks, where you can tell the character's thinking, and/or feeling dread of some kind.   Yet, the character never get overtly emotional.   No displays, no yelling, nothing showing except in the eyes, and somehow we see deeply into the character to where the emotion's buried, without it showing in facial expressions.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 02:55:58 PM »
Not only is JC so good-looking but Joe Haskell is also a skeptic--a big plus for me! He tells Dr. Guthrie, "I think we live only once and the dead stay dead." That actually makes him a perfect candidate for what Dr. Guthrie has in mind.

Dr. Guthrie tells Carolyn the story of the Phoenix. FINALLY he gets the Arizona connection!

While he and Maggie are talking about marriage, Maggie fills up six large sugar canisters. Those townspeople must love their sugar!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
John Lasell always seems to have trouble with his lines, and he's not an interesting enough actor to make up for it.  Hmm...continuing the general trend of this post, I really should have said that he wasn't a sexy enough actor to make up for it.  Well, that too.

Even in these thrill-packed episodes, I find it difficult to watch him. I checked out IMDB and he did quite a bit of television work.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Watching Project

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [snow_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:39 PM »
Guthrie tells Carolyn that her rival Laura is behind the trance attempt and she eats it up. Guthrie suggests illegal activity andvi'm all for it but will Collinsport's most upstanding person agree?  Joe and Maggie are kissing. She is reluctant to leave her Dad. Carolyn comes in and Maggie is jealous, but she gets more kisses from Joe. Guthrie wants Joe to open a grave.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times