Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0173  (Read 758 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0173
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0173
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »
Dr. Guthrie sent Vicky roses!  I noticed that when he knocked on her bedroom door after the séance, he identified himself as "Peter Guthrie" rather than "Dr. Guthrie".  Do you think he'll start writing love poems to her?

Vicky keeps telling David that he's a little boy.  "A séance is no place for a little boy" - that sort of thing.  No little boy likes to be called a little boy.  "A séance is no place for an eight-year-old" (David is eight, right?) would be much better.  Along with an assertion that Josette carded all the séancers before she consented to talk to them.

Burke goes to the trouble of finding David, and does a really good job of telling David convincingly that he should be with his mother.  And Laura hears all about it from David.  Then Burke comes by the cottage when David's there, and Burke has a perfectly good excuse for being there, and does Laura say, "Thank you for talking to David!"?  No, she says, "Stop coming here."  Very rude of her.

Burke and Vicky had a good conversation together.  Burke seemed like a nicer guy than usual, and Vicky seemed more intelligent than usual.  In this episode, they bring out the best in each other.  I'd like to see Burke spending a sleepless night or two trying to decide which he likes better, Vicky or Laura - but I don't think we ever get to see Burke's bedroom in the Presidential Suite.  If he's smart, he's had a new bed installed, because I'm betting a night spent in an original Room 24 bed would feature nightmares and bedbugs.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
David is so proprietary about Josette! It's kind of funny, actually. For every step forward Vicki takes, he seems to push her two steps back.

Laura almost gives the game away when she gloats to Burke about how hard it was to get Elizabeth away and in the hospital. Burke is actually alert, until Laura adds in her sweet voice, For Liz's own good, of course.

Later, Vicki voices her suspicions, listing all the things that have happened since Laura's arrival. Burke looks thoughtful, but not nearly thoughtful enough. And sure enough, later on, Laura sneers that she can just imagine Vicki's little list.

Watching Project

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
The Robservations captures have been posted for this ep.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:27:05 AM »
Dr. Guthrie sent Vicky roses!  I noticed that when he knocked on her bedroom door after the séance, he identified himself as "Peter Guthrie" rather than "Dr. Guthrie".  Do you think he'll start writing love poems to her?

He probably will if she keeps going around without a bra on.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 12:59:30 AM »
Mitch has a stuffy nose, or perhaps he's had a snootful.   If I remember, I'll watch out over the next few days for anyone else in the cast catching his cold.  Or hangover.

Welcome, Fishing Shack!

Burke never expresses a single thought about his being David's future "father" or "uncle", whatever they'd call it.   It seems to be a part of the plan he's never thought about.   That's what he'll be, if Laura gets David, and then Burke gets Laura, especially if she divorces Roger.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 05:49:01 AM »
David has heard about the seance from the always discreet housekeeper. I think David was nine in the beginning, but he may have had a birthday by now.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times