Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0172  (Read 733 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0172
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0172
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
Mrs. Johnson doesn't see as much as she thinks she sees, if she's coming around to the idea of David going away from Laura.  She means well (in this particular case) but she doesn't get it.

It's sort of strange to see her still reporting to Burke, since the Burke's revenge plot isn't emphasized much at the moment.  But Burke doesn't know that his creators have shoved him to the back burner.

Despite Burke's belief that he and Laura are headed for a rosy future together, he still feels protective towards Vicky, and Laura knows it know.  That could make for some interesting interactions, if only Laura cared about Burke as much as she tells him she does.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »
(Admin note: with regard to an earlier removed post:)
Yah. It is--apologies to anyone making their first trip through the saga.

There are some things you just can't do in a hurry. A tiny piece of my brain was actually wondering why there was no Mrs. J. Duh.

Anyway, I did like it when Dr. Guthrie told Laura he thought the séance was very successful and _very_ revealing. Laura says, I think it was very crafty of you to tape the séance. Without missing a beat, Dr. Guthrie replies, Since the recorder is part of my craft, it is indeed crafty to have one.

I just hope Mrs. J won't pay some dire penalty for standing up to Laura. And I did like the crackly ending!

Watching Project

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »
The Robservations screen caps for this ep have been posted.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
The posts referring to Ep #173 have been removed and the pertinent one will be added to the discussion topic for that ep after the topic for it has been posted.  [snow_wink]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
Thanks, MB!  [snow_embarrassed]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
No worries - it happens.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
Mrs. J: I'm a person that believes in minding her own business.
Laura: So I've noticed.
Mrs. J: I don't mess with what shouldn't be messed with. Leave well enough alone, that's my motto.
LOL!! I love Clarice Blackburn. She completely steals the show when she’s on. She’s got a hellova lot of dialogue here and she shines.

Is it me or does Mrs. J enjoy playing a spy?

As far as Guthrie knocking Mrs. J down, I have a feeling Mrs. J would come out the victor in that match.

For a second there, it looked like Laura might have an inkling of a bond between Burke and Mrs. J.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 05:44:03 AM »
"I'm a person who minds their own business."  I could hear mrs J say this every day. Laura does not want the fire put out! Will this strange behavior get back to the house and town?  Vickie is certainly well guarded.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »
I was just reminded of when Mary Richards stood defiantly in Lou Grant's way, as he was about to take one too many drinks or something, feet planted firmly... and he just picked her up by the waist and moved her aside, legs flailing in the air...   So Dr. Guthrie and Laura were both confronted with this possibility.   I think Mrs. J would have beat on the person's head, and would have flailed a lot more effectively and less gracefully than Mary Tyler Moore did.   If Mrs. J has any curses in her, this is when we would have heard them.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor