Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0562  (Read 851 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0562
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:51:47 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0562
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:50:49 AM »
I like the mileage they get out of two short scenes with Tom Jennings.  They talk about him at Collinwood, they talk about him at the Old House, they talk about him at Nicholas Blair's house - and by this time in 1968, the viewers had probably forgotten what he looked like - assuming anybody could ever forget what Don Briscoe looked like.

The scene between Joe and Willie was sort of interesting: Willie did not recognize what was happening to Joe, even though the same thing happened to Willie last year.  But maybe it's not so surprising.  After all, Julia hasn't yet had a chance to check the wounds on Tom Jennings's neck and to confirm that there's a vampire on the loose, and for some reason, the dogs have been silent lately.  It couldn't be because Angelique is happy because Angelique is never happy.  It was irritating to see how callously she treated Joe today.  But that's Angelique all over.

And then we've got Barnabas treating Willie callously.  Even though Barnabas is human and reformed now, he still treats Willie like dirt.  All I can figure is that when he first had Willie under his power, in April of 1967, he got a good look at Willie's pre-Barnabas personality and found it beneath contempt, and he just can't change his view of Willie now.  I can't say as I entirely blame Barnabas.  Since Willie  came out from under Barnabas's power this year, he's been pretty contemptible.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:53:35 AM »
It's interesting how Willie and Barnabas didn't recognize Joe's symptoms. It makes me think of that old saying, "If it was a snake, it would have bitten them." [ghost_wink]

It's quite fascinating how different people react differently when they are victims of a vampire. Joe was trying to fight her off, ultimately with no success. [ghost_sad] Nicholas had a hold on Joe, too, since he was able to convince him not to go to the police and talk to Barnabas instead. But then again, Nicholas had a way of turning practically everyone around to his way of thinking.  [ghost_rolleyes]

John Karlen and Joel Crothers did excellent jobs in this episode. [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 06:35:26 AM »
Angelique is learning her vampire ways. It is funny how she lets Nick take over.

I remember that in many ways Angelique couldn't control Barnabas when he was a vampire. Nick must be the devils right hand. He could do so many things Angelique couldn't.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate