Author Topic: "No Acting Please"  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: "No Acting Please"
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 10:44:48 PM »
It's Roger's dialogue that draws me to that role

Definitely! Same with Edward. And Petofi and Prof. Stokes would be fun to play for the same reason, particularly the latter when he's frustrated with Julia and/or Barn and calls them on their behavior. I seriously doubt I could come close to what Louis Edmonds and Thayer David did with the roles, but it would be fun to try.

Julianka would be too much fun too.

Umm - are you sure you could pull off her particular brand of gypsy chic? Magda's outfits were one thing, but with Julianka's we're talking a whole different universe.  ;D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 10:47:19 PM »
Gothick -- the only living being who's seen my Liz immitation

But I'm not bitter.  ;)

I'm sorry I missed that too.  :D  But apparently you "choose" not to include us.  [wink2]

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 11:10:02 PM »
I'd play Tom Jennings' secret boyfriend.  All my most significant scenes would be played off camera, however.

Sorry, Goth baby, but that role has already been cast - and yours truly is playing it! Hands off my Briscoe. Go help Dom find a decent Liz Stoddard wig. It's time he shared his inner Joan Bennett with the rest of us.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 11:29:08 PM »
I'd play Tom Jennings' secret boyfriend.  All my most significant scenes would be played off camera, however.
Sorry, Goth baby, but that role has already been cast - and yours truly is playing it! Hands off my Briscoe. Go help Dom find a decent Liz Stoddard wig. It's time he shared his inner Joan Bennett with the rest of us.

I second that... Sandor gets first dibs. Not to say there couldn't be a second... ;)  >:D

So could i play one of Julia's long lost, oddball relatives?

Chortingly,

Heather

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 12:53:22 AM »
Maybe it's a little "off" -- or maybe not! -- but when I created Thomas Rathburn for Dreams of the Dark, I wrote him as a character I would not only have liked to have seen but have gotten inside of if I could be an actor (I have all the acting prowess of a ventriloquist's dummy on a skateboard.) He's an outsider, looking in on the people and places of the Dark Shadows world; but as events progress, he is drawn into an ongoing drama, eventually becoming an integral part of it.

That said, I've never seen myself in Rathburn's physical shoes (mine are more like Danny DeVito's). When I was writing the character, I envisioned Gary Cole (Night Caller, American Gothic) as the perfect actor to portray him.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 01:33:51 AM »
(I have all the acting prowess of a ventriloquist's dummy on a skateboard.)

Mark...I think if other people can breathe yet....everyone is laughing!!!!

Thanks!!

Patti

It's a shame I don't have the hair anymore.

Who does dom, who does?
What a Woman!

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 02:06:52 AM »

I second that... Sandor gets first dibs. Not to say there couldn't be a second... ;)  >:D

So could i play one of Julia's long lost, oddball relatives?

<lol>

Well, since no one has mentioned the role of Chris Jennings' secret boyfriend, I'll happily snap up that role!  Of course, I'd get killed off when Chris makes his transformation at a most inconvenient moment, and then I'd be recast as a mysterious stranger in 1970 PT who makes Claude North forget all about that pesky Roxanne.