Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1005  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1005
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:28 AM »
This ep featured the tall attic set, the basement with a secret room, and all of Cyrus' lab.  How crowded was the studio that day?

Was this our first look at the Collinwood attic?

The Candles of the Seventh Secret??!  Say it ain't so, Joe [Caldwell].

So, now Cyrus is desperate to take the potion, despite the fact that taking it is not advancing the purpose of his experiment.  The only way I can make sense of this, at this point in the action, is to assume that Horace Gladstone's compound has made chemical changes in Cyrus's brain.  But it's quite a switch to see somebody eager to go through a painful transformation.

Didn't he say he couldn't resist?  My take is that although Cyrus' intent was to bring out all that was good in humans, in the process of separating the two in himself, his evil side established a stronghold and perhaps it was out of Yaeger's desire for self-preservation that the evil in Cyrus won't allow him to halt the transformations.

"But within a year all that is usually left is the skeleton and teeth...

Was I imagining it, or did that skeleton have eyeballs?

What did Q yell after his dream?

"No, Dameon, no!"

Gladstone's bursting with fascination over the drug-- why?   It goes beyond curiosity.   It's almost as if his life's greatest sick desire awaits him, and he's trying to play it cool as he asks for information, but isn't pulling it off.   Gladstone doesn't strike me as someone who'd wait for a Purple Cow or whatever the pink version is called (the potion looks purple one day, pink the next) to do twisted things.  But maybe that's it...  he's too much of a passive, repressed weasel to do the things he wants to do, without chemical assistance.   [spoiler]Later on though, he's not so passive...?  I forget.[/spoiler]   Maybe his creepy demeanor comes from being full of "evil" impulses, with no way to vent them.

When we first met Gladstone, he said that when he was active in the field of chemistry, he conducted his own experiments using the same synthesis, but quit when he felt he was getting close to truths that were better left unknown.  I got the impression that those experiments led to his personal ruin, yet he apparently never lost his scientific curiosity about them.

Wait, who were they trying to contact in the original seance?

Any chatty spirit willing to dish about the other side.

Later... Yaeger pauses as he says "I don't give a ...."  and settles on not giving a "hoot".   The evil, the evil!!

LOL

Paula L's scream make me laugh out loud. They are up there with Grayson’s!
Will the girlie screaming never stop??!  [ghost_wacko]

The name Gladwell does not suit this man. Sorrypit would have been better.
Heh, heh.  (Gladstone  [ghost_wink])

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 04:28:25 AM »
When we first met Gladstone, he said that when he was active in the field of chemistry, he conducted his own experiments using the same synthesis, but quit when he felt he was getting close to truths that were better left unknown.  I got the impression that those experiments led to his personal ruin, yet he apparently never lost his scientific curiosity about them.

That adds something, thanks.

I think that skeleton was eyeballing us like nobody's business.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »
Was this our first look at the Collinwood attic?

I'm pretty sure it was.

My take is that although Cyrus' intent was to bring out all that was good in humans, in the process of separating the two in himself, his evil side established a stronghold and perhaps it was out of Yaeger's desire for self-preservation that the evil in Cyrus won't allow him to halt the transformations.

That's an excellent interpretation.

Will the girlie screaming never stop??!  [ghost_wacko]

Hopefully not. Women screaming in peril (or even men) = fun Fun FUN!!

[a2a3]

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
Some nice close-ups today of Horace Gladstone's huge scar over his eyebrow.
Now I wonder: is that a real scar or makeup?
If it's real, the doctor really botched it up.
Loving his nosy-ness, especially when he was caught snooping around at the back door: "Oh, I was just about to knock!"---Yeah, right.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:11 PM »
I just watched 1007, and you can see in the closeups that the scar is definitely fake.
I can clearly see scotch tape on his eyebrow, which they used it to pull his skin up. And it looks like they drew a line in purple marker. LOL