Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1013  (Read 2027 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1013
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:04:39 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1013
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »
I thought that this show was Angelique as usual. In RT and PT, didn't she understand you can't get a Collins man with a spell. The only man that seams to be subseptical is Roger.

I can understand that Barnabas wanted to get home, and be safe.  He seems to be using the same tools that he used before. Putting someone under his spell so that they forget.

I thought for once that Angelique might get stabbed this was very good. Played really well.

It appears that Barnabas is not the main story but it is Angelique and Quentin.  They don't seem to have very many frames. They used the same frame that they used for Angelique's picture.

Everyone did a great job. DS, LP, and JF.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »
The more Barnabas tries to look and sound innocent, the more he looks as if he just swallowed a canary!   Another classic sort of DS moment:  the Barn/Ang scene, where he suspects she's Ang, is right, but not his Ang.   I just imagined a semi pulling up to the Collinwood loading dock, with dozens of crates of fresh flowers.   

Hey, Barnabas can disappear!   Why didn't he do that when being interrogated by Will?   And you can't say it's the cross, [spoiler]since he disappeared in front of Greg Trask with a cross![/spoiler] (previous storyline spoiler)

Maggie portrait-- now that's painted over a photo.   The photo would look much better.   It's paint-by-numbers-like.    J Frid's nasal zit from #1012 has cleared up.   Does Angelique want to win Q back to exert control, then smite him?   BC can hypnotize people into forgetting him.  I guess he hounded Julia to do it with the medallion just to give her something to do.

PT Angelique is now a real witch-- casting a spell on Q.   I thought she just had her father's life-after-death trick going for her, and an amateur's interest.   Shouldn't she be able to keep herself alive?   If PT Angelique is one in a long line of witches, where are those previous generations, now?   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
Maggie portrait-- now that's painted over a photo.   The photo would look much better.   It's paint-by-numbers-like.
I like Maggie's portrait anyway.  It is clearly intended to be in strong contrast to Angelique's portrait, and for that purpose, it works.

Good old Barnabas, always fixating on appearances.  Every sweet young thing who looks like Josette is a clone or a reincarnation of her or something.  And this woman who looks like the Angelique whom he knows must in fact have a personality like that of the Angelique whom he knows.  He never learns.  For that very reason, as well as for the fun of it, I wish we could have seen Lara Parker playing the innocent young bride and Kathryn Leigh Scott playing the evil twin.  They both would have enjoyed it, I'm sure.

What a lot of rude questions Barnabas asked!  He was sort of like Rachel Drummond, blithely asking impertinent questions of the person least likely to want to answer them.  But Quentin and Angelique didn't seem to mind much.

I thought of Nicholas Blair's comment about being above potions today, as Angelique drugged Quentin.  She didn't even ask him what he wanted, and it seems to me that he probably prefers his liquor undiluted.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 06:19:26 AM »
Ten gazillion artists in Paris and Quentin picks a real stinkeroo. That is one crappy painting, if it even is a painting. I won't bother to comment on the frame and how out of place a piece of crap like that is in the drawing room. It speaks for itself.

Ang's hair is flyaway today. She needs a heavy duty Aqua Net fix.

Looked like there was a fly in the drink that Alexis/Ang made for Quentin. Maybe it was one of those trick plastic fly-in-the icecube things. Heh, heh.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 06:51:03 AM »
5/13/70

Quentin's yellow shirt is just doing nothing for me; however it's possible that it is to go along with the color them of PT. 

I felt as if Barnabas did a good job of covering his tracks concerning the fact that he is really from that room but this isn't surprising considering he is a master at telling lies.

Well Maggie's portrait has arrived.  I would say Angelique will not be happy about that!  I like your point about the painting Lydia but to think that Quentin would have such a horrid painting for his current wife really makes no sense. [spoiler]Especially since in the end we find out he never really loved Angelique![/spoiler] Just my opinon of course! :) The painting looks as if it is washed out and it also looks like it is housed in the frame that the original Angelique portrait (from 1968) was in.

Again is Hannah a part of the hippie movement!? She seems to own one outfit!

Does anyone know what actors (besides Larry Hagman who admitted while working on Dallas he pretty much stayed drunk on the set) drink for beer, alcohol or liquor?  I guess tea would work for some drinks. I have always wondered what they make fake beer with.  I wonder if near beer was around back in those days?

I love Angelique's Mumu! :)

I love the music playing as Quentin roams around the Drawing Room!  I also love the shot of Quentin with his gorgeous tousled hair when Angelique says, “Quentin are you all right?”
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »
I wonder if near beer was around back in those days?

http://www.drinkfocus.com/articles/beer/beer-styles/non-alcoholic-beer.php

it became more popular after Prohibition started.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
Quentin told Barnabas that Alexis has been at Collinwood for a month, which is about right, yet for some reason Angelique's death is still being referred to as 6 months ago.

Shame on Gordon Russell for that awful, awful spell.  Spring water and mandragora?!  Of course it would make Quentin violent... violently ill!!!  That was no "potion" that Angelique poured into his drink-- try POISON.  And it had to have been the dullest incantation ever- "Quentin, hear me, hear my thoughts. You are deeply in love with Maggie. You can think of no one but her."  Ugh!

Angelique phoned her aunt's house at Collinsport 4099 from Collinwood, which has the number Collinsport 4099.  Why bother dialing at all?  The set dresser left a bellows for Hannah Stokes to stoke the flames.  (I'm easily entertained.)  She also traded in her navy blue dress for a navy blue pantsuit-- such a fashion risk taker!

There's a CD Tate hanging in the Collinwood study.

Just before Daniel said, "I know who you are," somebody rushed by on the lower left side of the screen.

I thought that this show was Angelique as usual. In RT and PT, didn't she understand you can't get a Collins man with a spell.

Though she wasn't trying to get Quentin to love her, but to want Maggie (a spell that worked on them in RT, and in this case it seems Quentin was already in love with his wife anyway), thus getting her there so Ang could fight against her on common ground.

They don't seem to have very many frames. They used the same frame that they used for Angelique's picture.
The painting ... also looks like it is housed in the frame that the original Angelique portrait (from 1968) was in.
Please please please read all the posts in a topic before submitting your own.  [beg]

Hey, Barnabas can disappear!   Why didn't he do that when being interrogated by Will?   And you can't say it's the cross, [spoiler]since he disappeared in front of Greg Trask with a cross![/spoiler] (previous storyline spoiler)

My best guess is that Barnabas had a coffin to go to in that other instance, but in PT his coffin was in the room with Will.

BC can hypnotize people into forgetting him.  I guess he hounded Julia to do it with the medallion just to give her something to do.

The children were usually very receptive to his hypnosis.

Quentin's yellow shirt is just doing nothing for me; however it's possible that it is to go along with the color them of PT.

Speaking of the colors of PT:  (Yikes!)

But WTH was up with this??!:

I love Angelique's Mumu! :)

Oops.  I guess I didn't have nice things to say about it under #1012.

And who do you suppose had the higher hair?:

Of course the ep ends with a blood curdling scream, this time from Angelique.  Another reason I hated it.

Sorry this was long.  At least I added visuals.  [ghost_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 04:41:28 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, Midnite!   I always figure that the pink title is from someone having a knob twisted slightly the wrong way on whatever control board they used.  Hannah=Londo!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 05:24:26 AM »
Londo, ha ha ha!!!!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 02:10:45 PM »
Hey Midnite. I do always read everyone posts before my own.  I remember us talking about that at one point a year or so ago; however,  I apparently overlooked what was posted.   Thanks for being a kind moderator who reminds me of stuff in a sweet manner. I can't say I have received that on all boards! That is why I love this place!  :)

PS..I also love Angelique's mu mu! I would love to have it and wear it at a  Halloween party!  [snow_wink] And thanks so much for the caps!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »
I have to agree with some of you regarding Maggie's "painting."
It looks awful. I think it looks like it was done with crayons or colored pencils. Good likeness of KLS, though.