Barnabas Collins (1795/96)
12 (20.7%)
Barnabas Collins (cured 1968/1969)
6 (10.3%)
Barnabas Collins (1897)
11 (19%)
Barnabas Collins (hoDS)
4 (6.9%)
Barnabas Collins (cursed again 1970/1970PT)
4 (6.9%)
Barnabas Collins (1840/41)
4 (6.9%)
Bramwell Collins (1841PT)
4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 01, 2005, 05:41:13 PM

Author Topic: Three Most Favorite Jonathan Frid Characterizations  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Three Most Favorite Jonathan Frid Characterizations
« on: December 10, 2004, 05:22:24 PM »
The forum's new system allows us to post polls in which people can make more than one choice. So, to test this new feature out, I thought it would be fun to see which of the actors' characters/versions of characters turn out to be the forum's favorites.  [santa_smiley]

After voting, please feel free to explain why you voted the way you did, or wait until after the poll expires on 01/01/05 to do so.  [santa_wink]

(If these four polls get a good response, we'll add polls for other DS actors.)

Have fun!

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
Re: Three Most Favorite Jonathan Frid Characterizations
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 07:37:25 AM »
My choices are #1 1967. Great portrayal. So evil, and yet you get to feel sorry for him. well written (would have been better of course if the writers knew right from the beginning that he wasn't going to be leaving in 6 weeks.) My choice for #2 is when we get to see Barnabas in 1795, as a happy alive man engaged to his beloved Josette, then having everything fall to pieces around him, and finally being cursed as a vampire. Choice #3, is 1897. This story was pure fun, just great, in my opinion.

[8_2_73]
Misa

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 04:40:34 PM »
In my opinion, any Barnabas is good enough for me.  I love him anytime.  Can sleep during the day, like Quentin, can have any "lady" he wants, for a while he can step on Willie, kill people, then he can build a rose brush, help people, watch David and Amy and still help Willie with his house.  God, I wish I could find a man just like Barnabas. [_Vampire_]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 02:03:41 PM »
I felt 1970 (Leviathan) and 1970PT should have been two separate Barnabases...IMHO.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 04:03:55 AM »
I'd say very early Barnabas and 1795 (but haven't yet seen 1895). Saw some Bramwell and he's OK but Barny is tops.
I wonder if JF was confused about where to take Barnabas originally because after some excellent early scenes he became a bit wooden. There might have been some indecision on the writing and management about what Barnabas was all about. Perhaps after they decided to keep JF and (poor guy) focus most of the story around him JF slowly started to create more depth and personality into Barnabas. But his intial introduction to Collinwood, his soliloquy to Vickie about the construction of the old house and especially his creepy lecture to the little boy David (where you don't know WHERE the vampire is coming from) - probably nailed him star billing.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 07:14:10 PM »
The results are in and no real surprises here. Well, except for maybe the fact that Bramwell made an equal showing with Barn's latter characterizations...