Author Topic: Voice Over Questions  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Over Questions
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »
[pointing-up]  Hmmm - that's quite interesting. Apparently the producers of PP weren't adverse to paying an actor who didn't even appear in all the eps.  [ghost_nowink]
MB,

I understand that the producers of Peyton Place were more than willing to pay a substantial amount of money to actor Ryan O'Neal to, at least, try and contain his enormous ego while he was on the show.  [ghost_cool]

Bob

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 01:34:09 AM »
'Desperate Housewives' also had a character named "Mary Alice" (played by Brenda Stong) who died in the first episode but spoke the opening voiceover for it's entire eight season run.

not sure how she was paid.  [ghost_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »
Ken McEweon did a few voice overs in episodes he didn't appear in.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »
I'd completely forgotten about that - that's right. It's been ages since I've watched those eps so I don't even have a theory as to why he did them rather than one of the actors in each ep who wasn't in the teaser, which was the normal practice. It can't be that all the actors in those eps were in the teaser, can it?

And I'm sure many noticed this a long time ago, but it wasn't until I just went to check the Episode Guide that's printed in the DS Memories book that I realized that, unlike the separate Program Guide, among other things, it doesn't even list who did the opening voiceovers for each ep. How strange...

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
That separate program guide had a lot of errors in it.  It had Alexandra Moltke doing the voiceovers until a couple of weeks before 1795 as well as many others.

And I'm sure many noticed this a long time ago, but it wasn't until I just went to check the Episode Guide that's printed in the DS Memories book that I realized that, unlike the separate Program Guide, among other things, it doesn't even list who did the opening voiceovers for each ep. How strange...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »
Well, quite sadly, what PomPress publication doesn't have errors? Even the updated version of the Program Guide that I referred to in the DS Memories book STILL has some errors despite the notion that it was reprinted as a part of that book so as to correct the errors.  [ghost_rolleyes]