Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1170  (Read 840 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1170
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:04:04 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1170
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
Quentin got a nice pair of visits in his jail cell today.  First he got Gabriel griping about Gerard as Master of Collinwood.  I could almost sympathize with Gabriel, were it not for the fact that it was Gabriel's murder of Randall Drew that originally landed Quentin in jail and caused Daniel to change his will.

And then Gerard came a-calling, and said that obviously the person who was framing Quentin for witchcraft was the same person who tried to kill Gerard.  Golly, Gerard sure knows how to seize an opportunity!  If Gabriel had any idea of how much he's assisting Gerard, he would explode.  Literally.  And his little wheelchair, too.

By my reckoning, this is the third time we've seen the murder-in-bed switcheroo, the other times being in episodes 290-291 and 402-403.  It's always fun, though, unlike witch trials.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:57:28 PM »
What a pleasant surprise, Quentin says when Gabriel comes to visit--and it's half true, anyway.

Who knew Carrie was such a good artist? That's a lovely sketch of Jeremy. Very cute scene with her and Leticia.

Daphne is getting way above her station when she refers to her employer's family as Samantha, Edith and Gabriel without any "Mrs." or "Mr." as would be proper!

Gerard's huffy insistence that he never betrayed Quentin all the time they were at sea together makes me wonder if he didn't actually push Tad overboard, forcing Quentin to jump overboard to save his son and heir. Maybe Gerard--even when he was still just Gerard--was already planning some kind of takeover of Collinwood. We know that pretty much everything Gerard/Judah says is a lie.

And yes, yet another murder-in-bed switcheroo--although the first one with Barnabas and Julia is still the best!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
Daphne is getting way above her station when she refers to her employer's family as Samantha, Edith and Gabriel without any "Mrs." or "Mr." as would be proper!
Agreed, absolutely, but "above her station" strikes me as in character for Daphne.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:02:08 AM »
Did you notice how the table and chair Gerard were sitting in at the beginning of the episode was turned around so that Gerard’s back was to the secret passage and that he was playing the white chess pieces in this episode whereas he was playing the black at the end of 1169?

Gerard asks Quentin is he ever betrayed him in all the years they were at sea together. I thought they only met six months ago?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.