Author Topic: Adam's Face??  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Fletcher

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Adam's Face??
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:50:48 AM »
Having never seen the original creation of Adam story, I am curious -- at one point, Dr. Lang seemed to be intent on using Jeff's head (or face) on his creation.  But, eventually Adam ended up with the face of actor Robert Rodan.

Did Dr. Lang change his mind?  Did Barnabas or Julia force him to change plans? And, where did he get Adam's (Rodan's) head?

I realize your responses might be considered spoilers, but I'd enjoy knowing how Adam's persona transitioned from the original plan, Jeff -- to the persona portrayed by Rodan.

Can anyone answer this?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Adam's Face??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:13:02 AM »
i could be remembering this totally wrong however...spoilers...

[spoiler]i believe that it was barnabas who first requested that "adam" have jeff clark's face because vicki was in love with jeff and barnabas thought that if his "life force" occupied this creature that resembled jeff vicki would in affect be in love with him.classic d.s. logic. ::)

somehow this plan changed.i think b. was suffering from some sort of guilt complex about the whole thing and persueded dr.lang to change his plans...hence robert rodan.

since the body was already "under construction" during all this i don't know how they ever would have explained the difference in size between the massive rodan adam and the slighter jeff clark but they never needed to as things worked out so differently.

b.t.w. i never understood why adam needed to be pieced together from numerous dead bodies while eve showed up neatly in one gorgeous piece.[/spoiler]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 03:26:03 AM »
[spoiler]If I'm correct, I think Jeff was missing and Barnabas overheard Vicki's empassioned plea for help in locating him to Dr. Lang. He realized he couldn't hurt her by hurting the man she loved and I guess resolved to win her without tricks and deceit.[/spoiler]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 02:31:46 PM »
[spoiler]b.t.w. i never understood why adam needed to be pieced together from numerous dead bodies while eve showed up neatly in one gorgeous piece.[/spoiler]

I wonder this too!  And how come [spoiler]Adam's face was all scarred up?  If they used someone's entire head, as they were going to do w/Jeff, why did it seem that they used parts of several faces that were sewn, apparently, onto a faceless head?[/spoiler] [hdscrt]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:58:04 AM »
[spoiler]If I'm correct, I think Jeff was missing and Barnabas overheard Vicki's empassioned plea for help in locating him to Dr. Lang. He realized he couldn't hurt her by hurting the man she loved and I guess resolved to win her without tricks and deceit.[/spoiler]

This was indeed a very selfless act for Barnabas.....it proved how much he loved Vicki. [spoiler]Too bad he just couldn't get it through his head that Vicki's feelings for Jeff wasn't gonna change no matter who he looked like as Adam.[/spoiler]