Author Topic: Just Asking?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Just Asking?
« on: July 10, 2002, 08:51:55 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Do you think that Barnabas despises Vicky's fiance, Jeff Clark, more than Willie loathes Maggie's fiance, Joe Haskell, or vice versa?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who will soon start loathing a certain, oleaginous fop.

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
;)Re: Just Asking?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 09:17:01 PM »
Hmmmm.......I think Barn definitely dislikes Jeff more.   And he's much better at that hostile dislike kinda thing  ;)  Some of the looks he gives people are withering!! when he's not reading teleprompter, of course ::)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Just Asking?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 09:42:58 PM »
I suspect Mr. Collins would be only too happy to challenge the annoying Mr. Clark to a duel.

Willie, on the other hand, would be very happy to shoot Joe Haskell, in the head, from behind a rock, with a rifle.

Therein lies the difference....decorous vs deranged!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 09:46:17 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Do you think that Barnabas despises Vicky's fiance, Jeff Clark, more than Willie loathes Maggie's fiance, Joe Haskell, or vice versa?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who will soon start loathing a certain, oleaginous fop.

My brother... excuse me, Barnabas tries desperately
to understand exactly what Victoria sees in "Clark"
while hoping one day her vision will clear and she will come to the conclusion that although "Clark" is younger Barnabas is more her type... (no pun intended) and Victoria will end her infatuation and once again become his.

I do not believe Barnabas loathes Jeff as much as Willie loathes Joe.

what oleaginous fop are your referring to?
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 10:54:47 PM »
Hi,all i think that he does not like Jeff Clarke or
Joe but at least Barnabas does try to be nice
to them especially for Vicki's sake  ( thats Jeff)!!
;) ;) ;D       Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 01:01:42 AM »
Barnabas hates Jeff so much.  Jeff is such a crybaby.  If you say what he doesn't want to hear, well, he goes crazy.  Ranting and raving.  Every time I see Barnabas and Jeff, I'm trying to send telepathic messages to Barnabas, so he would kill Jeff.  So far it hasn't happened yet.

Willie on the other hand is just going to take that rifle, and shoot Joe. Like "Dirty Harry" movies, Willie would get on top of the old house, after he had sent Joe a note from "Barnabas" asking him to come over.  Then, BANG!

Then I figure, Willie would have to send Clint Eastwood a thank you note, for the idea, and ask him for an autographed picture.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 02:17:32 AM »

Do you think that Barnabas despises Vicky's fiance

I don't know about Barnabas but I certainly do.

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2002, 05:33:56 AM »
:)  Barnabas tolerates Jeff Clark as much as humanly possible.  Which for most humans is quite a challenge.  

Willie just reacts irrationally sometimes.  Then again, sometimes,  Haskell overreacts too.   ;D

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2002, 05:42:38 AM »
I never really felt a sense of hatred for Joe coming from Willie.  IMO, he views Joe more as an obstacle and I sort of get the feeling that Willie thinks Maggie is oh so close to falling head over heals for him.

Barnabas on the other hand really seems to have a genuine dislike of Jeff (not without reason, I guess).  Jeff has been pretty antagonistic towards Barn, but then again, he did try to cut his head off  :P
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2002, 06:54:45 AM »
I really don't get the impression that Willie thinks of Joe much at all. Joe is a hothead with Willie, but when not being bothered, I don't think Willie cares. Joe's existance and relationship with Maggie certainly don't hinder him from trying to approach Maggie!

Barney though has the double problem of finding Jeff a wretched, whining creep AND seeing the girl he loves fall for the wretched, whining creep. Make that a triple problem, when you consider that the wretched, whining creep makes it so obvious that he doesn't like Barney.

I am also curious about the oleaginous fop.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2002, 09:34:04 AM »
It's obvious that Barnabas isn't too fond of Jeff Clark, mainly of course because of Vicky.  But I do think that Barnabas is too much of a gentleman to act out his hostilities towards Jeff. I also have to give Barnabas credit for saving Jeff's life when Dr.Lang wanted to cut off his head to use for the experiment. Given his feelings for Vicky, it took alot for him to do that, but he thought of Vicky's feelings instead of his own. Jeff, on the other hand has always acted obnoxious and loud around Barnabas that sometimes I wonder how Barnabas manages to restrain himself from clobbering him.

Now if the same situation had taken place between Willie & Joe, (the experiment) Willie would not only tell Dr.Lang to cut off Joe's head, he'd probably even assist him in doing so.  :)
"Calamity Jane"