Author Topic: "under the weather"  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
"under the weather"
« on: July 07, 2002, 10:18:47 AM »
In the Dark Shadow Tribute book (which I assume is a fairly reputable source) there's an interview with Alexandra M. where she recounts one day on the set when two actors didn't know their lines and relied on the teleprompter and each got his part confused with the other!  (Must have been a gut-splitter actually to witness that!)  Does anyone know which episode this was? :D
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: "under the weather"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 10:53:44 AM »
Im not sure which scene Alexandria Moltke was referring to, but I do remember one scene in which Little Sarah forgets her lines and Dr.Woodard has to say them for her. This took place in the Masoleum, and while Sarah was trying to read a few lines off the telepromter,  Dave Woodard finally wound up telling her what she was suppose to say.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 06:28:50 PM »
I read somewhere that Grayson Hall and Jonathan Frid read the same line off the teleprompter. I don't know if it made it into the episode or if it was cut out or anything like that.

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2002, 06:35:27 PM »
My interpretation from her interview was that these two actors were hungover and it was an entire scene where each was reading the other's lines! LMAO!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2002, 10:58:52 PM »
In the Dark Shadow Tribute book (which I assume is a fairly reputable source) there's an interview with Alexandra M. where she recounts one day on the set when two actors didn't know their lines and relied on the teleprompter and each got his part confused with the other!  (Must have been a gut-splitter actually to witness that!)  Does anyone know which episode this was? :D

I have that book too. I guess we'll never know which episode that was. Moltke told the story in relation to stopping the tape - something they very rarely did. She claimed responsibility for one of those rare times under the circumstances you described above. Since the scene was re-taped I assume they got it right the second time around.

A similar story by Kate Jackson and Lara Parker indicates another rare re-taping. Both Jackson and Parker recall a scene in 1841 PT when for some reason the line "Every thing Ezra told you was true" really cracked them up. I've seen the episode in question and there's no hint of any hysteria, so the scene must have been re-shot.

The Barnabas/Julia flub mentioned below appears on the DS Bloopers tape. Frid read Hall's line instead of his own, leaving Hall with nothing to say other than repeating what he'd just said.

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2002, 03:52:47 AM »

I have that book too. I guess we'll never know which episode that was. Moltke told the story in relation to stopping the tape - something they very rarely did. She claimed responsibility for one of those rare times under the circumstances you described above. Since the scene was re-taped I assume they got it right the second time around.

Actually, Dr. Lang, I disagree that the scene in question was re-taped. :)  Her comments are prefaced with a reference to on-air bloopers.  She starts by admiting she was responsible for some that resulted in re-taping, then recounts the outrageous story of the two actors mixing up their lines.  I didn't get the impression that she was implying that the latter scene was re-taped as well.  Further, she says when one of them realized what was happening, "...they just had to plunge on ahead, making no sense whatsoever."  I understand this to mean they couldn't do a retake.

Regardless, I could be wrong.  I was just wondering if anyone ever noticed a scene where the dialog seemed out of character for two of the actors.  My guess is that Grayson H. would have been in that scene. :)