Author Topic: Josette's grave  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
Josette's grave
« on: July 03, 2002, 11:15:00 PM »
Ok, obviously I haven't seen the entire series  :D, but I'm wondering where her body lies?  Is it in the mausoleum on Eagle Hill?  

And speaking of which, just how big is that place anyway?  I've only ever seen the usual 3 coffins...I'd suspect there are supposed to be more lurking in the wings, seemingly enough to fill a shopping mall judging by the way visitors stop, peer, and stare intently camera-side!  ;)  Funny how they never venture that way, tho!  LOL
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Josette's grave
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 12:10:41 AM »
Ok, obviously I haven't seen the entire series  :D, but I'm wondering where her body lies?  Is it in the mausoleum on Eagle Hill?

She is buried at Eagle Hill, but outside of the family mausoleum. In the "original" version of the Collins history, Josette was survived by Jeremiah and presumable buried in a spot of "shame" away from the family plot. The history was, of course, re-written after Barnabas arrived, and more so when Victoria Winters traveled back to 1795.

And speaking of which, just how big is that place anyway?  I've only ever seen the usual 3 coffins...I'd suspect there are supposed to be more lurking in the wings, seemingly enough to fill a shopping mall judging by the way visitors stop, peer, and stare intently camera-side!  ;)  Funny how they never venture that way, tho!  LOL

There are only the 3 coffins that anyone knows about; however, it seems odd that nobody looks at the outside of the structure and realizes there must be more to it than what they find on the inside. It's pretty tough to hide a secret room in a two-room mausoleum but somehow they manage it.

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 08:24:26 AM »
Hey guys!...I have always wished that they would show the other sides of a few of the scenes on the series.Take for instance the foyer.They only show it from one side.I know that is where they film and all, but i feel they should at least make some sort of background drop for us so we don't have to use our imaginations.As for the Collins Mosoleum.....you all know we never get to see the rest if it....I have always assumed that there is a wall on the other side of Sarah's grave.Then there's the case of the old house drawing room.We never see the other side of the wall except when they show the secret room.Then theres the hallway...we never get a view of the corridors.Ok, that's enough...there's so much i can go on and on about parts of rooms we never get to see, but i guess that happens on TV because as you know...they must use one side of the room for filming. ::)

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2002, 06:47:36 PM »
Thanks, Dr. Lang!

As for the Collins Mosoleum.....you all know we never get to see the rest if it....I have always assumed that there is a wall on the other side of Sarah's grave.

If you've seen the early Barnabas episodes, you'll remember Jason searching for Willie in the mausoleum. If there's a wall next to Sarah's coffin, then Jason (and others) must like to stare intently at walls as if he can see things in them.  ;)   Nah, there's gotta be more space in that crypt than they're showing us.  :)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 06:08:03 AM »
What I want to know is did Josette rate a coffin or do you think they dug a two-foot deep grave and wrapped her in the 18th century equivalent of a Hefty bag the way they did for Jeremiah?

;)
Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 07:26:12 AM »
What I want to know is did Josette rate a coffin or do you think they dug a two-foot deep grave and wrapped her in the 18th century equivalent of a Hefty bag the way they did for Jeremiah?

;)
Luciaphil

LoL Luciaphil and he didn't even rate a bandage change!
[ghost]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV