Author Topic: Lamenting a life long gone. . .  (Read 919 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Lamenting a life long gone. . .
« on: July 03, 2002, 05:45:45 PM »
I was a bit surprised and gratified to hear B&J's exchange outside Collinwood on yesterdays ep, , wherein he admitted that her life is diferent because of **him** and she seemed to long for a return to her former way of life. .i.e. respected doctor instead of love-sick eccentric woman hanging around with the "weirdo Collins cousin from England. . "  I didn't think Julia ever thought about her life before the Big B-Man. . .
Julia99

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: Lamenting a life long gone. . .
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 06:21:32 PM »
I totally agree with you, J99. I have always liked this scene, because it does show that both Barnabas and Julia are aware of what Julia has given up for Barnabas. Maybe she could have returned to her former life at this point in the story. I also like the fact that Barnabas doesn't want her to waste Cassangelique only because of what will happen to Julia if she does. Once she seems determined to do something Barnabas shifts into protect Julia mode and starts questioning Roger about who else may have seen the witch. Love the eye contact between B and J. They both speak volumes with their eyes.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: Lamenting a life long gone. . .
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 06:23:18 PM »
Yes, I was very shocked to hear that too! I think she's trying to play some game of hard to get or something .... to see if he WOULD stop her....which he made no effort to do...altho that's probably because he knew she wouldn't leave neway. 'Tis nice to be asked to stay, though  :-*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^