Author Topic: Make Your home COLLINWOOD!!!  (Read 6006 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Make Your home COLLINWOOD!!!
« on: July 01, 2002, 07:38:12 AM »
Hey guys!...Adra here.Does anyone here refer to places in their home like places in or around Collinwood.Take for instance myself.My mom and I live in a two bedroom apartment.I call the area around/near the front door the foyer.Since our living room is not closed off from the rest of the apartment, i call it the drawing area. :-/

The balcony in the back of our apartment is called the terrace. ::)

Since my bedroom is located at the end of the hallway.I say it is the door to the west wing.

So my room happens to be the west wing of our apartment. :o

I even had a portrait of my mother and I painted and hung it in the corridor.(hallway) ;D

Anyone else ever did anything strange motivated from Dark Shadows???

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: Make Your home COLLINWOOD!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 08:09:51 AM »
Well, I could call our unfinished basement the mausolem.
Have I  done anything strange because of DS?
When I was 10 I think, I was watching DS (you know
how intently kids get into tv) anyway it was pouring rain
with thunder and lightening outside. My dad was coming in wearing his rain poncho. He saw me zombied
out on watching Barnabas vamping someone. So he flapped
his poncho and swooped down on me. I passed out.
I guess I thought Barnabas was going to get me. LOL!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 08:25:25 AM »
.Does anyone here refer to places in their home like places in or around Collinwood.

Question 1:  My wife regularly refers to my downstairs 'Listening/Video room' as the 'dungeon', and my Beatles collection room as the 'mausoleum' [I prefer 'shrine']

Question 2: ...almost every time I get to thinking about TLATKLS [have you seen the latest pics from the fest??  Va-va-va voom! :P]

I need to dig out that photo of the subdivision [Collinwood] near my dad's house again!

Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jthomas_123

• Junior Poster
  • I love Maggie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 08:34:20 AM »
Well, my family is obbsessed with our ancestors, which is not bad thing. But, when you walk in to my house, there's a huge picture of my Great Grandfather Scholtz. I sort of reminds me of the picture of Barnabus in Collinwood.

We also have an old album with my Grandma's pictures in it, it also has some pages from diaries that my Great-Grandfather wrote during his life, i call that album the 'Family History Book'  :)

There is also a room that we never use, it has all this junk in there, and it's dusty in there. I like to call it the 'West Wing' ;)

Connie

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 09:35:30 AM »

::)
Oh Lord....
When I was young, my best friend and I did quite a few nutty things motivated by DS - most of which are rather embarrassing.    :-X

Probably the most ridiculous was a phoney phone call we made to Grayson Hall.  We recorded it and laughed for hours afterwards - playing it over and over.
(We were CRAZY about Grayson!!  Loved her madly).

;D  Hey!  What can I say?  Sam Hall was always listed in the Manhattan phone book.  Let's see...if I remember correctly, they lived at 853 7th Ave.

Anyone remember where Jonathan lived before he moved uptown????  I mean, he had long had his number changed, but his address was still in there!
Ya know, I can't remember what happened yesterday, but I certainly remember his address 35 years ago.  ROFL
157 East 18th Street

We went down to his apartment building a couple of times hoping maybe we'd see him walk in or out.
Never did.   :'( :'( :'(

-Connie
(yes...I know...still totally nuts)  

Offline lurkerintheshadows

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas?Is that you?.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2002, 11:37:59 AM »
Well,now that you mention it,my living room could be called the drawing room(it has a victorian flavor to the decor).My bedroom(with a few touches)could be vicky's bedroom.My backyard has a grass overgrown brick patio that i could convert into the gazebo with a brick wall and fountain/statue.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2002, 04:37:17 PM »
When we walked home from school we used to have to go through an older section of my neighborhood with a long curving road lined with large mature trees.  As you were about to enter the newer portion of the addition, there were two particularly old trees on either side of the road, which made me think of a stately entryway.  I used to try to imagine that I was walking down the long drive to Collinwood (where I lived, of course  8) ).  It seemed especially fun to imagine on crisp fall days when the sky was overcast and foreboding.  Always wanted to live in an older two story house too¢â‚¬¦our one story, red brick ranch didn't really lend itself to my Collinwood estate fantasy too well.  But, I would still LOVE [crazy] to have the $$[greed] $$ to build a house with a replica of the Collinwood foyer and drawing room!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2002, 05:46:26 PM »
Probably the most ridiculous was a phoney phone call we made to Grayson Hall.  We recorded it and laughed for hours afterwards - playing it over and over.

So dish, girl! Tell us 'bout this phone call! Do you still have the tape?

BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2002, 05:55:23 PM »
my welcome mat is the foyer  ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2002, 06:05:12 PM »
When my grand-daughter, shes only 4 but loves DS, and I are out in the car, she insists that we take "the Collinswood way" home.  By this, she means a road that is out in the woods, a beautiful creek on the right side, and at any moment, you would expect to see Collinswood.  Actually, this road is right in town, but for a minute, you feel like your going to see Collinswood.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline jthomas_123

• Junior Poster
  • I love Maggie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2002, 07:59:18 PM »
Well,now that you mention it,my living room could be called the drawing room(it has a victorian flavor to the decor).My bedroom(with a few touches)could be vicky's bedroom..

Yes, my living room is right by the front door to your right, it also has a Victorian flavor, I think I'll call it the 'drawing Room'.

Now what really reminds me of Collinwood is my Grandma's house, it's big and over 100 years old, My Great Grandfather and his 17 Brothers and  Sisters lived in it, now only 5 people live in it. ::). But, it's not my house, so it doesn't count :-*.

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2002, 08:30:24 PM »

Ya know, I can't remember what happened yesterday, but I certainly remember his address 35 years ago.  ROFL
157 East 18th Street
-Connie
(yes...I know...still totally nuts)  

I was sent this cartoon just this weekend!!! [you can substitute the appropriate DS reference....]
http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/memories

cheers,
Ringo [jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2002, 12:02:19 AM »
For about four or five years, I rented an old house in an old neighborhood very near to where I worked. I finally changed jobs and bought my own home in a newer, nicer neighborhood. To this day I continue to make reference to when I "Lived in The Old House." It sounds perfectly reasonable to anyone I say it to, but they don't know I'm mentally capitalizing "Old" and "House."
;)

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2002, 02:05:56 AM »
I have bats in my belfry ^"^     ^"^    ^"^    ?!?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2002, 02:25:32 AM »
You win, CandleLighter....

That was the best "laugh out loud" response on this thread!  [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas