Author Topic: Fridays Eps  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Fridays Eps
« on: August 15, 2003, 06:37:31 PM »
Haven't watched in sooo long, and 1995 is extremely good.

First...why is Q so afraid of G.S.?
Why is he telling Barn, "He's going to kill us all!", uh, hello, Quentin, you & Barn are already of the seriously dead variety.

I hate the draw to K. Jackson; don't know why, it just irritates me, "Lilacs...kiss me Kate" ::)

Stokes' '95 character looks to be about age 75, which for 1970, was considered old (my father-in-law just turned 74 last Sat, he's not so 'old').

Why oh why doesn't everyone try to help Barn? Is it because it's been 25 years of fear and loathing in Collinsport?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re:Fridays Eps
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 08:25:40 PM »
Stokes' '95 character looks to be about age 75, which for 1970, was considered old (my father-in-law just turned 74 last Sat, he's not so 'old').
You're right, of course, but it does seem like poor Professor Stokes has had a harder time of it than your average man his age... :o
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 02:55:02 AM »
I can't believe we are at this part of the storyline already.  I didn't realize Gerard came on the scene so soon after the conclusion of 1970 PT.  I'm a few days behind, but I can't believe how quickly the next time travel storyline is starting.  *I think it's great that it's starting around the Festival though, supposedly, Donna Wandray, Jim Storm, Chris Pennock will all be at the festival and they are all featured in this storyline.  As well, as the seasoned vets of the show, Nancy Barrett, David Selby, Lara Parker, and more!

HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 08:39:17 AM »
You're right, of course, but it does seem like poor Professor Stokes has had a harder time of it than your average man his age... :o

Ah, but I'm sure his terrifying encounter with the ghost of Gerard must have aged him beyond his years.

ProfStokes

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 04:08:01 PM »
but it does seem like poor Professor Stokes has had a harder time of it than your average man his age... :o

Well not to be unkind but it looks like Stokes continued to enjoy Hollandaise sauce and many other artery-clogging delicacies. . . ^-^
Julia99

Offline jthomas_123

• Junior Poster
  • I love Maggie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 05:43:11 AM »
Why oh why doesn't everyone try to help Barn? Is it because it's been 25 years of fear and loathing in Collinsport?

I know, seriously why won't anyone help him, everyone is treating him like crap, c'mon people, it's been 25 years, he deserves somewhat of a "warm" welcome ;)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 08:18:51 AM »
I think the reason why everyone is keeping quiet about things is because they're all probably afraid to get involved for fear of the ghost of Gerard harming them.  Mrs.Johnson finally gave in and shed some light and look what happened to her.

Professor Stokes is trying to be more helpful now but Carolyn is crazy so she can't help much.  Quentin isn't in his right mind either so that leaves the Sheriff, Mr.Flagler and the desk clerk.  Im guessing that the Sheriff and the desk clerk are probably too scared to open up their mouths.  And after seeing how Carolyn turned out they probably know something terrifying took place there at Collinwood.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 02:11:33 PM »
It 's been a bit of mystery to me too why everyone is treating Barnabas and Julia like bastard stepchildren at a family reunion.

On the other hand, maybe their mysterious reappearance with nary a year of age on them is a bit too much to take.  Perhaps they're suspected of being not quite right, or even the cause of what happened in 1970.

And did it occur to anyone else that it's ironic to see Quentin in the role of the tortured victim of a vengeful ghost, when not so very long ago he himself was a vengeful ghost?  Of course that was before Barnabas changed the past, so that ghost wasn't really this Quentin...

Another thing: would the 1995 we're seeing an example of parallel time if Julia and Barnabas are able to successfully go back to 1970 and stop the destruction of Collinwood from happening?
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline jthomas_123

• Junior Poster
  • I love Maggie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 02:37:42 AM »
I think the reason why everyone is keeping quiet about things is because they're all probably afraid to get involved for fear of the ghost of Gerard harming them.  Mrs.Johnson finally gave in and shed some light and look what happened to her.

Very good point, (spoiler) same with carolyn, when she was willing to tell all, look at what happened to her. Damn that Gerard! :-

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 02:32:43 AM »
 8)
I must say that I really enjoyed 1995.  I thought the acting was very good during this segment.  Quentin really did look like he was insane and Nancy Barrett did a great job as an older mentally unstable Carolyn.  Even her gait was different and seemed appropriate for an older women.

HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 03:47:11 AM »
Haven't watched in sooo long, and 1995 is extremely good.

First...why is Q so afraid of G.S.?
Why is he telling Barn, "He's going to kill us all!", uh, hello, Quentin, you & Barn are already of the seriously dead variety.

Without giving away the plotline to others who may not have seen this seciton of the show before, Quentin's insanity is more based on his own guilt than his encounter with Gerald.

Raholt

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 07:48:34 AM »
Without giving away the plotline to others who may not have seen this seciton of the show before, Quentin's insanity is more based on his own guilt than his encounter with Gerald.

That's a good point Raholt.  I noticed that during 1995 Quentin kept raving on about how guilty he had felt for not being able to help everyone.  So it should be interesting to find out exactly what did take place there at Collinwood and what Quentin's role in the scheme of things really were.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2003, 02:08:45 AM »
And did it occur to anyone else that it's ironic to see Quentin in the role of the tortured victim of a vengeful ghost, when not so very long ago he himself was a vengeful ghost?  Of course that was before Barnabas changed the past, so that ghost wasn't really this Quentin...

I thought that was pretty interesting too, couldn't help but snicker this morning when Quentin was asking David about the presence of spirits in his room.

I always thought it a little odd how David so casually accepted Quentin, being as terrified of him as he was, with just the explanation that this was a different Quentin. I always loved Amy's reactions though. She was scared, but found little ways to take a small measure of revenge.

~Arashi

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 08:49:27 PM »
I always thought it a little odd how David so casually accepted Quentin, being as terrified of him as he was, with just the explanation that this was a different Quentin. I always loved Amy's reactions though. She was scared, but found little ways to take a small measure of revenge.

Another good example of how fast these folks forget things on DS!  (Don't ya wish we could forget the bad things as fast as they do!)  ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 09:20:20 PM »
Another good example of how fast these folks forget things on DS!    (Don't ya wish we could forget the bad things as fast as they do!)  ;)

Amen to that, sister!   ;)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.