Author Topic: JUDGING JULIA  (Read 2028 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: JUDGING JULIA
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2002, 03:05:53 PM »
Julia00 said:
I think Julia is troubled by Adam. . .she feels guilt for bringing him alive and probably a bit for being such a bad mother but Barnabas is always, her main concern. . so i wouldn't say she's lying. . .she's just troubled. . .

I agree with you here.  Adam didn't ask to be born, and all he's really trying to do is find someone to love.  He's really still technically a child, or perhaps a teenager by now (watch out for those hormones!) and Julia feels responsible for his "birth".  She's the only mother he's ever known (he had Barnabas, Stokes and Nicholas, three dads) and must feel some responsibility for him, under the circumstances.  Besides, as far as she's concerned at this point, this could be the only "child" she and Barnabas ever create--and there is that link between the two that would return Barnabas to his vampire state.  Julia feels guilty about Adam, and that does engender some feelings, both real and false on her part.

Love, Robin

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2002, 08:14:15 PM »
And let's not forget the white hosiery! [rollb]

Or blue or black. . .she had as many color-coded stockings to go with the purses, gloves and coats. . .where does she keep those coats ..they can't all fit in that wardrobe in her bedroom. . .
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2002, 09:16:56 PM »
Julia does care about Adam to the extent of feeling somewhat responsible for him since she was the one who brought him into the world.  

Her compassion for him probably is at a lower level than her very genuine fear that if Adam dies, Barnabas will "revert" to vampirehood.  This is about to come up again very prominently in the story.

As for Grayson acting "badly" I revel in it whenever she rips that tawdry scenery apart with her bare hands and gives the dialogue a hearty, vigorous mastication!

Gothick

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2002, 01:21:42 AM »
What did she say to Adam, "Professor Stokes taught you decency"? After that, she had to be thinking "You certainly didn't learn it from us!"
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton