Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0874  (Read 425 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0874
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
Robservations #874

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0874

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:20:02 AM »
ThayerQ drops by Collinwood to see Barnabas, thanks for helping blow Barnabas's cover Quentin... and Charity Faye "perceives" Quentin in him.  All downhill from here.  Selbtofi then tests the power of his new Hand by trying and failing to restore Charity to being just Charity.  We learn that it really has been the ghost/spirit of late Pansy in there (he made her "rise", and will "send you back"), not just a personality imitation. 

Pansy concocts a tactic for Beth to use on Selbtofi to out him.  She knew just bringing up the subject of gypsies would thrown Petofi, and it did.  Did Pansy really know Petofi was afraid of gypsies, though?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 05:59:53 PM »
As usual, Barn is a very bad winner and gleefully points out how useless Selbtofi's Hand is now.

Selbtofi drags Pansity off and says he "possessed" Charity with the spirit of Pansy--whatever that means. But he fails at un-possessing her and storms out, without locking or even closing the door. Charity tries to figure it all out. He seemed so different--again, she murmurs, just before Beth returns. Where is Quentin going? What’s wrong with him? Beth asks. He’s in the wrong body, C/P replies. How could you allow yourself to be so fooled? Not even know your own man? I don’t believe you, Beth insists, perhaps thinking of the last time he took her away, right out from under “Petofi”‘s nose, and bedded her. Doesn’t he seem different to you? C/P asks. He is simply upset, Beth insists haughtily. This only proves my point, C/P answers. Count Petofi gets upset when he don’t get his own way; the real Quentin would just go off and have another brandy! With an incredulous smile, Beth asks, Do you honestly believe that the man who just left here is Count Petofi?  Remember, I have second sight, C/P reminds her. You’d better believe me! I don’t, Beth insists, but she’s frowning now. There’s a little temptation to, ain’t there? C/P asks, seeing Beth’s doubt. No, Beth insists, none. He’s done some strange things recently, but that’s the only reason I’d even consider it. Do you want to find out, once and for all? C/P asks her. There’s a way, and it just came to me. Do you want to try it before you go on being fooled any longer? Tell me, Beth says wearily. C/P smiles, confident that her idea will work.

Selbtofi is back at the old mill, flexing the apparently powerless hand and wondering (in Petofi’s voice), Where is Quentin? Why hasn’t he come? Has the power gone to _his_ hand? Why has it simply disappeared. Beth descends the stairs and joins him, explaining, Charity said I’d find you here. I have good news, she tells him. You have no reason to fear Count Petofi anymore--because the gypsies are about to catch up with him again. Who told you? he asks, unable to repress his terror in his surprise. She doesn’t answer at first, then turns to watch his reaction as she tells him, The gypsies returned to Collinwood a few minutes ago. Almost in a panic, Selbtofi says, That means they’ll be coming here! Someone has probably told them about this place! I must get out of here! Why bother? Beth asks with studied casualness. You’re not afraid, are you? Of course not! he snaps. I just doesn’t want to be here when they’re around. I see, Beth says, turning away as she realizes that C/P told her the truth. Look at me, he orders her suddenly. Reluctantly, she turns to face him. Has anything happened that makes you feel differently toward me? he asks suddenly. No, she assures him. She forces herself to smile, then to step into his embrace. Nothing has changed, she insists. I still love you very much. Steeling herself, she places her hands on his chest and leans in when he kisses her on the cheek. He hugs her and tells her, You’re a good girl. I’ll see you back at Collinwood. Yes, at Collinwood, she repeats mechanically. He races off. Alone, she stands in the middle of the room, filled with revulsion and terror. Now she knows that Pansity was right. She gasps, My god, it’s true! He _is_ Petofi!......