Author Topic: OT - Gettin' Peeved about the Cursing  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
OT - Gettin' Peeved about the Cursing
« on: June 28, 2003, 09:47:25 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place, time or what and i'll probably come across as a whiney-ass baby but i have to say.  .i am not too thrilled anymore about the karma thing.  .especially since it seems I might be the first person to have more curses than cures or whatever. .there is only a 6 pt separation .. now, I've not said anything intentionally nasty to anyone here. . .i've not been mean.. . I might be a bit single-minded in my devotion to a particular actor but i'm not the only one here, so i'm at a loss to explain who's so CURSE happy toward me?  And frankly, i'd rather not get either a curse or a cure at all .. i'm not in a generous or humorous state of mind right now. .  So what am i saying?  If there is a problem with something i've said or done, email me privately and lay off the cursing.  If i'm over sensitive, sorry but its hot, i'm tired and ahh whatever.
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:OT - Gettin' Peeved about the Cursing
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 10:30:09 PM »
especially since it seems I might be the first person to have more curses than cures or whatever. .

No, it has happened, J99.

I have no idea how you're using the feature so I don't know if this will be helpful to you or not but perhaps will be to someone else-- In addition to the more obvious aspects of the feature, the system also works, well, karmically, as in what goes around comes around.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 10:39:49 PM »
I might've inadvertently done one of those, Julia99!  Along with some other posters including myself!  The reason why?  Well, I'm one of those who's not very computer and website savvy, so when I first saw the cures/curses things, rather than reading the appropriate posts explaining what they were, out of curiosity I started clicking on them thinking something would happen and I'd know what they were for.  When nothing would happen, I'd keep clicking (both cures and curses).

Tell me, Midnite, can you put one up for "stupid"?  I'd probably get about 1,000 of those.

Gerard

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 10:47:08 PM »
Tell me, Midnite, can you put one up for "stupid"?  I'd probably get about 1,000 of those.

Gerard, you're definitely not stupid!  And hey, who hasn't tried to figure something out on their own first without reading the instructions?! ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 10:47:17 PM »
Remember when I posted that beginning Which Witch sWitch Week things are going to go topsy-turvy? Well, just be patient for another week to find out how. [wink2]

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 01:42:59 AM »
J99 you always have funny and very enjoyable posts ;D

love ya :-*

jennifer(another member of over 100 curses!)(going to give you a cure anyway >:D)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 02:03:40 AM »
especially since it seems I might be the first person to have more curses than cures or whatever. .

No, it has happened, J99.

I have no idea how you're using the feature so I don't know if this will be helpful to you or not but perhaps will be to someone else-- In addition to the more obvious aspects of the feature, the system also works, well, karmically, as in what goes around comes around.

I'm not quite sure how to take that. . i barely USE it since i moved to NYC. . This leads me to believe someONE is watching? and then meting out the cures/curses. .its not systemic or automatic but manipulated, is that what you meant?    .i have a dialup connection and cursing or curing someone takes too much time.  i may cure/curse someone once in a blue moon.. . :-X  I just cured a lot of ya for your kind words. . ahh Gerard you're not dumb, i'm totally with you on the try it first and read instructions after you get frustrated . ..
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 02:46:38 AM »
J99....I'm in pretty much the same boat with you. Both my curses and cures are high.  I don't pay much attention so if there's been a 'blip' when I say something I have no idea.  I never consider the karma feature when I want to say something and neither should you.  I decided when it first appeared that it was trouble in spades so I have made a point of NEVER cursing OR curing anyone on the forum.  That makes it VERY easy to ignore the whole thing completely.

raineypark

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 03:03:14 AM »
I have made a point of NEVER cursing OR curing anyone on the forum.  That makes it VERY easy to ignore the whole thing completely.

And in the coming weeks after Which Witch sWitch Week, it might be even easier to ignore it...

(But take note of the emphasis on the word "might". [lghg])

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 03:16:38 AM »
This leads me to believe someONE is watching? and then meting out the cures/curses. .its not systemic or automatic but manipulated, is that what you meant?

Oh no, just the opposite.  It IS systematic, if that's what you meant.  I'm talking about the feature itself, and not at all about any person or persons manipulating any numbers.  If you're very rarely using the feature, then what I said wouldn't apply.

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 03:22:50 AM »
Hi J99,

I have always enjoyed your posts.

Remember junior high school when some kids would say stuff just to upset you?  And the best advice was always just to ignore it?

There's one better than that and it's just to laugh at it.

I have a lot of curses too.  But you and I and whoever else is on the list of high curses can have a sort of fun competition ... which of us will get the most curses today?

When you can laugh at something that makes you unhappy, you've gained the upper hand.

I think I am #2 or #3.  I am not quite happy with that.

I want to be #1 with curses!!!! 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2003, 03:28:40 AM »
When you can laugh at something that makes you unhappy, you've gained the upper hand.

Exactly.

Now that's the perfect attitude to have. ;)

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2003, 03:08:43 PM »
This leads me to believe someONE is watching? and then meting out the cures/curses. .its not systemic or automatic but manipulated, is that what you meant?

Oh no, just the opposite.  It IS systematic, if that's what you meant.  I'm talking about the feature itself, and not at all about any person or persons manipulating any numbers.  If you're very rarely using the feature, then what I said wouldn't apply.

gracias Divine One.
Julia99

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 03:13:59 PM »

Now that's the perfect attitude to have. ;)

Tha'ts easy to say when you're +271/-21. .. .

Thanks ER. .i hadn't noticed your count.  .and I tried to have the same attitude but I really am curious about what is so offensive or cursable about me (us?)  But I will wait the 6 days how many every minutes as MB has said. .
Julia99

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 03:55:53 PM »

Thanks ER. .i hadn't noticed your count.  .and I tried to have the same attitude but I really am curious about what is so offensive or cursable about me (us?)  But I will wait the 6 days how many every minutes as MB has said. .

Hi J99,

I don't find anything offensive about you or your posts.

Sometimes I think it's because someone disagrees with what we've posted.

Sometimes it's personal.

After having been through some real personal hell, I've found that Dr. Seuss is right on.  The ones who mind who you are/what you say don't matter!

BTW, I have noticed that I edged out Bobubas in total # of curses but I am still running third in # of negatives vs. # of positives.

So I would like to encourage everyone to throw a curse on me.

;) ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss