Author Topic: Okay.....Why am I missing?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Okay.....Why am I missing?
« on: April 04, 2003, 03:52:55 PM »
When I first saw 1 guest and 1 cousin listed, and that being MB, I assumed it was in the middle of some new change and ignored it.

But now it's showing 1 guest and 1 cousin and that's RobinV and I'm still missing.

If I've been kicked out of Paradise someone forgot to change the locks, cause I'm still here.

Am I dead.... ???
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Okay.....Why am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 05:04:41 PM »
MB is better qualified (MUCH better) to answer this question, and I don't even know if this'll do it.  Anyway, as of yesterday he was back to working on the color display for the different membergroups and posting groups but the mod wasn't working at all like it did with the old version.  If anyone can figure it out, he can, but in the meantime some forum wackiness may ensue.

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 05:16:01 PM »
Well, I'm missing, too. :(

I just logged on and according to the Board, only Midnite is here right now!  Hi, Midnite.  [wavey]

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 05:16:54 PM »
...... in the meantime some forum wackiness may ensue.

Oh, Excellent!!!  A perfect advisory/slogan for this forum if I ever heard one!!....Some Wackiness May Ensue!!! [lghy]

Can we get a Smiley with a hard hat, carrying that on a signpost?

rainey.....LMAO  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 05:30:08 PM »
Hiya Bette! [hello]

Oh, Excellent!!!  A perfect advisory/slogan for this forum if I ever heard one!!....Some Wackiness May Ensue!!! [lghy]

Can we get a Smiley with a hard hat, carrying that on a signpost?

rainey.....LMAO  ;)

LOL!  The domain addy still brings up the full page message that says, (Please don't be surprised by anything you might see or that might happen while you're there. [wink2]) but we can put a hard hat on winky like this if you'd like.

;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 06:01:55 PM »
When I first saw 1 guest and 1 cousin listed, and that being MB, I assumed it was in the middle of some new change and ignored it.

But now it's showing 1 guest and 1 cousin and that's RobinV and I'm still missing.

If I've been kicked out of Paradise someone forgot to change the locks, cause I'm still here.

Am I dead.... ???

Here's the answer, Rainey and Bette-- only persons belonging to a specific membergroup are showing up right now and won't til the kinks are written out of the new color mod.  These are the 2 Administrators, the Global Moderator, our Archivist (Brian), the Columnists (RobinV and Luciaphil), and our DSF Supporter (WidowsHill).  The mod isn't working yet for the specific posting levels, such as Senior poster, etc.  In time, I'm sure it will again. :D

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 06:58:03 PM »
Aw, gee....damn near 50 and still gettin' dissed by the Cool Crowd.

[lghy] [smrtasb]
Dylan Thomas

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 09:17:11 PM »
Aw, gee....damn near 50 and still gettin' dissed by the Cool Crowd.

[lghy] [smrtasb]

[noseinair]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2003, 02:14:52 AM »
The domain addy still brings up the full page message that says, (Please don't be surprised by anything you might see or that might happen while you're there. [wink2] )

And it will for some time. ;D

The good news is that I know exactly why this is happening. But I was literally up all night (and half the morning) working on this mod and I just got up a short while ago. My first priority is having something to eat. My second is putting together/linking today's montage. Then I'll fix this problem...

Until then, think of this as being invisible spirits. [wink2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2003, 03:24:17 AM »
Until then, think of this as being invisible spirits. [wink2]

You're all back. ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2003, 03:26:53 AM »
[noseinair]

You're [vryevl].  I couldn't be prouder. :'(

;)

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2003, 07:49:49 AM »
The domain addy still brings up the full page message that says, (Please don't be surprised by anything you might see or that might happen while you're there.

I've been meaning to ask about that for some time.  It seems that this latest version has been working for several weeks now (even if you are adjusting and improving things).  I can't figure out why we still need to go to that intermediary page before getting here all the time.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2003, 08:03:12 AM »
The domain addy still brings up the full page message that says, (Please don't be surprised by anything you might see or that might happen while you're there.

I've been meaning to ask about that for some time.  It seems that this latest version has been working for several weeks now (even if you are adjusting and improving things).  I can't figure out why we still need to go to that intermediary page before getting here all the time.

Specifically to see that message, which, sadly, more than a few people seem to forget about whenever they've encountered some sort of error while I've been tinkering. :( (Present company in this topic excepted. ;)) As I mentioned a short while ago, I'm still more clueless than clued in when it comes to PHP/MySQL (though I'm learning more every day [book2]), so until I feel more comfortable with it, that message will remain just to cover my, uh,  [a144]. [wink2]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2003, 10:23:48 PM »
On this topic...on home page, why/what is with the colored listing of moderator, archivist, etc.
I mean, what purpose does it serve (you can't im them from that)?
MB...love the 'covering' smiley.

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2003, 11:56:48 PM »
On this topic...on home page, why/what is with the colored listing of moderator, archivist, etc.

That's all part of the Membergroup Color mod that Midnite mentioned I was in the process of installing. ;)

(you can't im them from that)?

No. But speaking of IMs, there'll be several big changes in that feature very shortly because I plan to install the Advanced IM mod for SE. It seems like it should work very similarly to the SP version, but there'll also be a few new features. (I'll post an announcement about them once the mod is up and running. :))