Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1137  (Read 1008 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1137
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1137
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
Julia revives Judah.  She's awfully happy about it.   It's not like she's going to be able to publish.   I was reminded of the end to "Spock's Brain".

As Leticia and Julia debate what to do about Gerard's coming, I liked Julia's sort of brave logic:  If we fail, "We're gone."  If we succeed, Judah will know how to deal with Gerard.   This is my Julia here, not the gaspy, eyelash fluttering panicky version we usually get.   She has a nice "presence" here.

I like Judah's silly (for him) fancy lettering on the cover of his journal.  ***  I like Julia's way of cutting short inconvenient, awkward moments with a few practical, well-chosen words and then moving on.   Others in the same circumstances would allow themselves to get caught in a frustrating conversation, trying to talk the other person out of asking for explanations.   Instead, Julia deals with Daphne's questions in mere moments and moves on.

That's it, zoom in on Judah's tummy for the cliffhanger!

[spoiler]Gerard's making the biggest mistake of his life.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
My favorite quote from "Spock's Brain": "Brain and brain! What is brain?"

Given the choice between his lust for power and his lust for Daphne, Gerard for once chooses power and sends the poor girl home while he settles down to read Judah's journal.

Julia's knowledge of biochemistry gets even more amazing as she somehow singlehandedly manages to invent synthetic adrenaline, which in the normal (non-DS) universe wasn't synthesized until the 20th century.

And for once it's Barnabas who catches Julia in a lie. Julia ordinarily would give almost anything to see his concern for her, his dear friend, but under Judah's spell she is all icy resistance.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
Julia's knowledge of biochemistry gets even more amazing as she somehow singlehandedly manages to invent synthetic adrenaline, which in the normal (non-DS) universe wasn't synthesized until the 20th century.
Either that or Julia just dashed up Quentin's stairs to borrow a cup of adrenaline from a neighboring time.  And speaking of things that raise one's eyebrows, I'd like to know how Julia and Leticia got that huge mirror down into that vault.

Carrie Stokes went to Boston?  What friends does she have in Boston?  Back at the beginning of 1840, Gabriel was able to threaten Ben successfully with Carrie's eviction from Collinwood, but I guess she has alternative resources after all.

That was a nice, tough scene between Julia and Barnabas.  I hope Frid and Hall had fun doing it, and I would have liked to see more of the talk in the drawing room that Leticia interrupted.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »
Is there any way that Julia's medical bag, which held multiple vials of adrenaline, a 1970s stethoscope (noted earlier by Magnus), and modern syringes with hypodermic needles-- yet another anachronism, could have come on the staircase with her?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 11:21:38 PM »
Maybe Elliot is throwing medical supplies into the past via the Stairway.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 11:34:42 PM »
LOL, what an image that conjures!