Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1019  (Read 802 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1019
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1019
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:10:31 AM »
At least Cyrus had the sense to know that a witch would want to throw suspicion onto someone else.   ***  Angelique is too good at playing the part of a sympathetic, reasonable, 3-dimensional person.   I mean, don't you have to be that way for real, to understand that state well enough to simulate it?  (I know, if you are something you don't have to simulate it, but I hope the point is clear.)  ***  I just pictured somneone opening a PT closet and Spock with a beard being in there.

Barnabas goes out for victims... PT Angelique just stands there in the foyer waiting for them to come to her!   No vampire work ethic, none at all...  A is like a kid about to walk into a free candy store.   It implies she gets a fuller experience out of heatvamping than just warming up, and that it's a different experience according to the individual being drained.   Maybe she tastes of the person's personality (not a good thing in a lot of cases) or maybe the life force is involved, which must "taste" different in each case.  That might be separate from personality.

I hope it's the PT Maytag repairman (who pays you to let him damage your washer) who walks in, or a Diabolos's Witness, or someone from the Please Go Away Wagon (who come by to say you've lived here long enough, get lost... the PT Welcome Wagon).
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »
From, episode 1018, I can say that KLS, had a strange reaction when Barnabas said Josette. Maybe she felt like she wasn't on camera.

Maybe Cyrus knew that Angelique was a practitioner. Maybe that is one thing that he liked
about her. I wonder if he ever told Quentin.

[spoiler]Maybe that is why he covered up for Quentin, the justification for the murder.[/spoiler]

With the door knob turning could it be a family member, what if it Quentin? Barnabas? If it was Barnabas, would he have killed her, or would have she removed him of his curse? [ghost_huh] Interesting possibilities.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »
I had been wondering if Hoffman was in any way involved in the murder of Dameon Edwards, and today I decided she could not have been.  She was shocked at the idea of going to find a victim for Angelique.  It's always fun to see ways in which Hoffman and our own Julia are the same, and today I saw in Hoffman something of what prompted Julia to become a doctor.  Meanwhile we're seeing a maliciousness in Hoffman that I don't remember ever seeing in Julia.  My first thought is that the maliciousness rubbed off onto her from Angelique, but my second thought is that nobody's forcing Hoffman into that friendship.  She came to Angelique of her own free will.  My third thought is that Julia has done some less than ethical things in pursuit of her own obsessions.  The obsessions we've seen have been vampires in general and then Barnabas in particular, but some very interesting fan fiction could be written about how Julia managed to get herself into med school.

Maybe Cyrus knew that Angelique was a practitioner. Maybe that is one thing that he liked about her. I wonder if he ever told Quentin.
What an interesting thought!  We know for a fact that Bruno knew Angelique practiced witchcraft, and we've seen that Bruno likes to talk to Cyrus, so it wouldn't be surprising if, by some means or other, Cyrus knew of or at least suspected Angelique's activities.  I'd think he would be leary of telling Quentin, however, and that would make for awkwardness that we're not seeing here.  On the other hand, Cyrus is always so awkward that measuring his awkwardness can be difficult.

Maggie seems a little more grown-up than she did before she ran out on Quentin.  But not enough.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:52:44 AM »
Written by: Gordon Russell
Directed by: Henry Kaplan
5/21/70

Well I know what Hoffman was up to yesterday—bitch!

Am I imagining things or does LP have a dark spot in her lower teeth?  It seems to be between two teeth?  I heard from someone that Jonathan Frid wasn't allowed to get his teeth fixed because they didn't want him to change his looks!  Could anyone confirm this?  I was telling a friend about Grayson’s eye surgery and that DC was none too pleased and she told me that this is why JF couldn't get his teeth fixed.

LOL—Hoffman is over it! 

Nice establishing shot of the house! 

I wonder if Hoffman has about 10 or so maid outfits?  She would have to or wash that one every night! 

I like Angelique's outfit a lot finally something toned down!

I wonder how Angelique survives financially I mean?

I think by this point the music has become very & cohesive.  The right pieces are being played to match the moods in each scene so kudos to the audio team. 

What a snide bitch Hoffman is as I love to hate her!   

Sometimes I wonder if you all think I am crazy as I observe some of the strangest things!  I hope I add something!   [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/