Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0144  (Read 852 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0144
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0144
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
and don't forget Vicki's changing clothes and hairdo when she walks along the shore below Widows' Hill.

And that same phenomenon reappears in this ep. Apparently it's a very persistent phenomenon.  [snow_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:13:27 AM »
I think maybe Laura doesn't eat or sleep, and instead gets all sustenance from sitting in front of the fire.   It just may be that she spends every free moment there.   Is she somehow off in her Phoenix-y paradise as she zones out like this?   She must have butt sores...

Laura hardly seems very choked up about Scandinavian "Margaret" dying, and/or not very angry that "Margaret" apparently carelessly burned Laura's apartment building down, including all of Laura's belongings... except for the two broaches of course.

I like how Vicki pauses and says, "I see."  It clearly means much more than that, whenever she says it.

Great moment, the opening of the portrait album by Josette.   No visible strings.   They even seem to have gone to the trouble of pulling at the bookmark (multiple strings?) in more than one spot, so it won't just look like someone under the table pulling at one end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
Laura has new furnishings in the cottage.  All trace of Matthew seems gone including the cook stove, but then the Phoenix seems to only feed on fire.
Vickie has another I don't understand day. I think I'm in the same boat.  Maybe Laura creates the image of how she looks to humans as she has quite the smart wardrobe for the time that suit would have been expensive for the time.
We learn that the mysterious locket was a one of a kind given to Josette on her wedding so she obviously didn't wear it to her death.  If you don't want to see the fishing line open the book from the top corner don't watch on a large screen tv. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:48:22 AM »
We learn that the mysterious locket was a one of a kind given to Josette on her wedding so she obviously didn't wear it to her death.

Or did she?

If you don't want to see the fishing line open the book from the top corner don't watch on a large screen tv.

Little chance of that.  I'm lucky to have my 23-year-old intermediate size TV.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:53:05 PM »
I think maybe Laura doesn't eat or sleep, and instead gets all sustenance from sitting in front of the fire.
I hadn't thought about that, but I'm sure you're right.

Laura hardly seems very choked up about Scandinavian "Margaret" dying, and/or not very angry that "Margaret" apparently carelessly burned Laura's apartment building down, including all of Laura's belongings... except for the two broaches of course.
Laura did say that she had let Margaret go a couple of months ago, and I was hoping she would tell us why she let Margaret go, but Laura knows better than to make her lies over-elaborate.

Of course, we don't know for sure that she did lie about Margaret.  But we do know that Laura lied to Vicky about the locket after the others had left, because we saw that locket a few days ago.  Vicky didn't believe Laura, but she has no proof.  What interests me is that Laura wasn't wearing the locket today, even though she was wearing the chain on which she wore it the other day.  What would strike me as much more typical of Laura would be for her to wear the locket and say she knew nothing about the locket from the fire in Phoenix except that it must be a fake, because her own locket was always with her.  Why wasn't Laura wearing the locket today?  Because David has decided she's his mother after all?

Frank Garner was over-full of smiles today, and so was Elizabeth - or anyway, she was after Frank got to Collinwood.  Something's going on there.  Vicky's just a cover story for Frank; the one he really comes to see at Collinwood is Liz.

I myself liked Riley the statie, but I fear we shan't be seeing him again.