Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0136  (Read 995 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0136
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Robservations #136

[occasion18]  HAPPY NEW YEAR 1967!! [occasion18]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0136
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »
This is also episode #1.   No, not confusing at all...  Last appearance of elder Garner?   Sam actually has one of those curvy cliche paint palettes... oh that's what the hole's for, your thumb...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:37:12 AM »
  Sam actually has one of those curvy cliche paint palettes... oh that's what the hole's for, your thumb...

I have a disposable curvy cliche paint pallet. It's like a note pad. When you're finished painting, you tear off a sheet and throw it away. Cool, eh?

I do want to comment on this episode, but I haven't seen it yet.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Forgive my memory please Janet, but you don't have access to these episodes?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »
Forgive my memory please Janet, but you don't have access to these episodes?

Collection 5 is my last up until the middle of the dream curse. I've just been busy.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »
Last appearance of elder Garner?

Nope. I don't remember how many more eps he has but he definitely has at least one more because he appears in[spoiler]the Jason Blackmailing Liz storyline.[/spoiler]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Welcome back, Magnus!  [snow_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:32:16 PM »
Roger is unreasonably nasty to Frank here. What a snob.

Pop Garner does not strike me as a fool. He knows something’s up with Roger and that trial.

Sam is one tormented man. I’m surprised he didn’t blow his top when Maggie kept pushing him for answers. But at least he did tell her what was happening to him and admitted that he was terrified. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
This is also episode #1.   No, not confusing at all...

Yeah, ABC had their own numbering system for the eps that went by the year and the order in which they were aired. For instance, the first DS ep has the ABC number ABC1-DRK66, this ep has ABC1-DRK67, Ep #396, the first of 1968, has the ABC number ABC1-DRK68, and the last DS ep has ABC70-DRK71. But if you want to get into something that's really confusing, it's that the ABC numbering system sometimes skipped numbers - and the numbers they skipped don't always coincide with or catch up to eps that were preempted like the normal numbering system does. For example, the first ep of 1969 has the ABC number ABC3-DRK69. Who knows what happened to ABC1 and ABC2? And 1970 begins with ABC5-DRK70. It often seems to be a mystery as to why such numbers were skipped because I've never seen it explained. But one presumes ABC had some reason for it...

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 03:44:28 AM »
Roger is so dramatic today and in the worst trouble. He doesn't. Want Frank in the room alas he talks to Richard who suspects the truth about the accident. Roger just wants a divorce and to rid himself of David.
Meanwhile Sam hides his new work from Maggie and Frank tells Vickie he is moving to Collinsport to practice
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »
Frank and Vicky are very cute together, and they've got one big thing in common: neither of them knows how to keep his or her mouth shut.  Frank certainly should not have been telling Vicky, “Guess what, you may not have a job soon, because Dad and I are handling Roger's divorce.”

Why are the Garners opening a branch in Collinsport?  Didn't we hear in the first episode Collinsport was Nowhereville?

I'm enjoying the painting part of the storyline, and also interested by Sam's remark that he used to know Laura quite well.  He must be ten or fifteen years older than she, and I suddenly imagined him using her as a model.  But we would have heard about it if he had done that.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
Frank wasn't doing his lawyer duty by telling Vicki, but I like how he's willing to throw that consideration aside, when Vicki's in trouble.  She needed to know.

I figured that the branch office was exclusively for Collins-related business, and there might be plenty of legal work in that, since the Collinses had their tentacles into everything...