Author Topic: New??  (Read 771 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
New??
« on: December 30, 2004, 02:10:37 PM »
hmm...on CE/A, Minja has a posting about the passing of Jerry Orbach.

I noticed it 'cause on the front next to the title, there's a double arrow thinging...it would be above in message icon, if I'm not mistaken.

What is this/that?

Patti

hmmm...while waiting for 120 seconds to elapse, I notice at the botton, the logos for phP, mySQL, W3C, etc are grey, unless you put your cursor on them; when you do that, the color appears....veddy interesting
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: New??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 03:55:09 PM »
That icon isn't new, but normally only admins/mods see it because it indicates a deleted topic/post. Because it's frowned upon to post non-DS-specific death notices:
... Whenever exciting, sad, or tragic news and events take place in the world ...
initially I'd deleted Minja's topic about Jerry Orbach's passing. However, after thinking it over for a few more seconds, I decided to restore it because of Orbach's Donna McKechnie connection. (OK, yes, that's a VERY slim DS connection, but, hey, it's the holidays, I was caught in a good mood, and I was feeling generous. But when it comes to posting any OT death notices in the future, DON'T look at this as any sort of precedent!  [lghy])