Author Topic: New YaBBSE Forum  (Read 7109 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Testing
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2003, 08:08:26 AM »
Oh, I was just trying to take the quotation marks away from the words under the avatar 'cause they don't show up right.  It won't let me change anything in the profile - I keep getting the 65 x 68 error message but I wasn't doing anything with the avatar.
Connie, I peeked at your avatar image, and this is a guess cuz this new forum setup is new to me too, but converting the image to pixels shows it's more than 4 times the recommended size, so it could be (as I said, this is just a guess) that the system isn't letting you save your updated profile cuz it's not accepting such a large image.

You could try reducing the size of the image and then seeing if you're able to save changes to your profile.  It's just a suggestion, but I've been able to update my profile without getting any error messages, so I don't understand (!) why you shouldn't be able to also.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2003, 09:13:56 AM »
This is the default size for YaBB SE. However, I can probably change that if people think it's too small...

Please do!  This is minuscule!!!  Connie's in response #11 is nice, but anything bigger than this would be a help.

Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2003, 10:11:27 AM »
Even got some kind of crash with a list of other people's errors, someone's password, and strange code up above the Forums logo.   :o
The error messages above the forum came up because I was fiddling with the password to the forum's MySQL database. The listing was about that and the PHP scripts that didn't like what I'd done, so I changed everything back to the way it had been. But no user passwords were actually displayed. ;)

Connie

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2003, 10:18:49 AM »
I second that.  The small print is quite a strain IMHO.  I think this is the size the print was before.  (Josette - I hit the font size button to give me 'size=2' to get this print)

This is too big, no?  (Size 3)

(Great - all Midnite & MB need is people complaining about different things)

8)    :-X    8)
PS  Thanks for the tip Midnite.  I'll try reducing it when I'm not feeling so lazy.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2003, 11:46:27 AM »
Yay!! It's finally back up!!  We had almost 20 inches of snow here and I was just about ready to beat Jeff Clark's Montage in a hair pulling contest! >:(

I still can't get on through AOL though (it figures) and was finally able to get here through IE.  Everytime I tried to access the board through AOL I kept getting the sign in board/password part.  So, I'd sign in and then click on a post and here would come the sign in part again telling me that Im not a "registered" member and to please sign in!

At last I got in through IE!!   
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 03:55:05 PM »
What is the new karma feature (applaud/smite) all about and how does it work?

Patience, my dear - all will be revealed in due time. ;)

Sometimes it's good to be a librarian  ;)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 05:28:49 PM »
However, I can probably change that if people think it's too small...

IF we think it's too small?  IF?.....My next option involves running my fingertips over the screen!  YES, it's too damned small!! ::)

rainey.....who would be suspected of being an imposter if she wasn't  bitching about something.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2003, 11:10:16 PM »
What is the new karma feature (applaud/smite) all about and how does it work?
Luciaphil gave me the clue in her response so I did what I did before and used SEARCH. I think I know the answer.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2003, 11:18:08 PM »
However, I can probably change that if people think it's too small...

IF we think it's too small?  IF?.....My next option involves running my fingertips over the screen!  YES, it's too damned small!! ::)

rainey.....who would be suspected of being an imposter if she wasn't  bitching about something.

I have to agree with Rainey. I know my vision has gone downhill in my bad eye but this was too much. I like to relax in desk chair while I read the board; not use a magnifying glass. This size is fine.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2003, 11:39:13 PM »
My next option involves running my fingertips over the screen!  YES, it's too damned small!! ::)

OK! First actual LOL of the new board!  My next substitute cast member will be Stevie Wonder for the Count!

I just posted to say I love you!
Ringo, superstitious Braile on the wall! ;D

Where oh where has my little spellcheck gone??
.....but NOT bithchin'!!!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2003, 11:54:28 PM »
Where oh where has my little spellcheck gone??
.....but NOT bithchin'!!!

I haven't come across a mod for that yet. If there isn't one I'm going to really miss it because I used the spellcheck on the SP board for every post.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2003, 12:04:13 AM »
Luciaphil gave me the clue in her response so I did what I did before and used SEARCH. I think I know the answer.
Woo hoo, we appreciate it when users educate themselves!  Yes, there's always a link from these boards to the YaBB forums (currently YaBB SE).

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2003, 12:33:45 AM »
First of all, YEAH! I can access this site on my Mac again! ;D

Second, I guess I'm not the only one in the dark about this new "Karma" thing. Will there be an announcement about it?

Third, why does my sig file read " Full A ed Newest Fervor Post" - what does that mean?

Thank you in advance for your time. :)

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:I don't understand!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2003, 01:15:11 AM »
Kuanyin, I don't know any details about the problem you were having, but a couple of things come to mind.  First off, following our move to an interim server about 3 weeks ago, emails were sent to all members on January 26 asking them to update their bookmarks in order to access the forums.  Secondly, there's a topic on this board called "Problems Accessing the New Board?" that you might want to check out to see if you can find your answer there.  Sorry, but I don't know what else to tell you right now.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I DID get the email. The only problem was that it had the same URL that I already had and did NOT bring me here. I did get a personalized "Kuanyin" with my error message, which was rather interesting....Then yesterday, I tried it (as I had every day) and it linked me here.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2003, 01:40:46 AM »
I've also been having trouble with my profile. Everytime I try to update my profile, it says my current email address is 'currently in use.' I'm sure it's not the image because I was trying to use one of the ones from the list of avatars.

The karma thing is interesting lol. I've seen it used on another board.