Author Topic: A Familiar Face In The Tribunal  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
A Familiar Face In The Tribunal
« on: April 05, 2002, 01:14:58 AM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Were my eyes deceiving me or was the justice sitting on the left side of the bench, none other than the world renowned Clarence Birdseye, from the Birdseye frozen vegetable TV commercials?

Incidentally, the elderly justice sitting on the right side of the bench looked very much like Kieron McGoo, part-time bartender and full-time customer at the Blue Whale in the 1960's.  (In fact, sitting on the bench today, he looked like he was in desperate need of a hot toddy at the Eagle.)

Bob the Bartender, who wishes that Budweiser still made "LA Beer," the low alcohol beer also known as "Army beer."  

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
Re: A Familiar Face In The Tribunal
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 06:07:56 AM »
Bob the Bartender, who wishes that Budweiser still made "LA Beer," the low alcohol beer also known as "Army beer."

LMAO!!! :D  I haven't heard "LA Beer" in ages!!  ;D  thanks for the laughs!

Karen #2
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2002, 11:13:35 PM »
Didnt Budwiser get sued by many frustrated service men over the saltpeter content in LA Beer???

They should have stuck with the Dr Pepper receipe, (the addition of prune juice) which gives that beverage its unusual taste. Dr Pepper which was invented by the US Army because its impossible to mix booze with it and have it taste good, (the honest truth).

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 03:57:19 AM »
Actually Bob, I was going to ask if any of the judges were the same from  8) :-* :-*Quentin's trial??
Anyone?
Patti
tommy
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2002, 09:20:23 AM »
Bob, You're right about the judge sitting to the right. I've seen him a few times myself sitting at the Blue Whale. They frequently use these extra's and move them around sometimes from story to story.  He will turn up again in a future storyline as well as a jailor. He's just got one of those "one of a kind faces" that you can't forget.  ;D
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2002, 04:31:17 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Were my eyes deceiving me or was the justice sitting on the left side of the bench, none other than the world renowned Clarence Birdseye, from the Birdseye frozen vegetable TV commercials?

Incidentally, the elderly justice sitting on the right side of the bench looked very much like Kieron McGoo, part-time bartender and full-time customer at the Blue Whale in the 1960's.  (In fact, sitting on the bench today, he looked like he was in desperate need of a hot toddy at the Eagle.)

i have been trying to remember what that guy looked like Bob but all i can picture is Mr Whipple in the charmin
commercials!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2002, 04:50:13 PM »
After a little research the judge on the right was played by Tom Gorman who like many DS players had many different roles on DS, (ie, Blue Whale Bartender in '68 on Bob Rooney's day off?, Collinsport jailer Mr. Prescott, Blue Whale Customer, Willie Loomis almost wacks him with a beer bottle in an early ep).

Any others I missed????

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2002, 07:44:30 AM »
Tom Gorman did look pretty out of it the other day.  Allen, he also plays a ghost that Trask will summon in the future, and I think he takes over as Riggs a little bit too.

Actually Bob, I was going to ask if any of the judges were the same from  8) :-* :-*Quentin's trial??
Anyone?

Besides Addison Powell playing another judge in 1840 (he paid a visit to Vicki at the gaol), one of the mute tribunal judges does show up again in 1840, though IIRC they switch the flanking judges often in 1795 and I don't know which one he is.