Author Topic: Dark Shadows' Dynamic Duo of Comedy  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows' Dynamic Duo of Comedy
« on: May 03, 2002, 06:28:02 PM »
During the last century, legendary comedy teams have entertained and delighted countless American audiences; great comedy teams such as Laurel & Hardy, Hope & Crosby, Abbott & Costello, and Nichols & May, to name but a few.

Now, a bright, new duo joins this pantheon of comedy greats.  Of course, I'm referring to Collinsport, Maine's two native sons, those new Kings of Comedy, Lang and Clark!

Yes, Eric Lang, master of the malaprop, the non sequitur, and possessor of that winsomely crooked smile, a great straight man in the tradition of Bud Abbott.    And the younger half of this sensational, new comedy team, the irrepressible Jeff Clark, whose skillful use of the pratfall and the phony limb, and whose unparalled utilization of humorous histrionics, makes him a comedic force to be reckoned with.

Be forewarned, dear viewer, for you will soon be exposed to almost unrelenting, sidesplitting humor.  Understandbly, all of Collinsport is justifiably proud of its two local boys who have made good.  Think of them as Collinsport's answer to Cheech and Chong.  Let the laughter begin!!!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows' Dynamic Duo of Comedy
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 07:37:10 PM »
Sheesh, Bob.....what did Cheech and Chong ever do to deserve THAT comparison?

Surely there must be 2 professional wrestlers we can compare them to instead!!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 08:03:27 PM »
I only know wrestlers from about 20 years ago so my vote would go to the Moondogs.

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 09:31:17 PM »
[shadow=red,left,300]THE ONLY TWO WRESTLERS i CAN THINK OF TO ADD TO THIS COMEDY THING IS.......HULK HOGAN AND MOCHO MAN/RANDY SAVAGE.[/shadow]

I don't know how they would tie in with Dr. Lang and Jeff Clark but since wrestlers were mentioned, I thought I'd throw in some too.

I don't watch wrestling myself.  I remember my friends son watch it when I'd go over to visit with her.  He was a fan of Hulk's and Savage's.
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 09:37:19 PM »
That was some powerful acting by our dynamic dunderheads in today's first episode.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2002, 10:00:22 PM »
Bob
What a duo is right!! i forgot how fun those two are to watch!

Jennifer
isn't there a Jake the snake wrestler too!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 12:06:55 AM »
The Skipper and Gilligan.

Gerard

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2002, 01:31:57 AM »
Hey Gang,

I dunno, but I think that Lang & Clark is at least as funny as Skiles & Henderson, Sandler & Young or Martin & Lewis.

Bob the Bartender, a big-time fan of the great Freddy Roman.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2002, 01:52:38 AM »
Now, a bright, new duo joins this pantheon of comedy greats.  Of course, I'm referring to Collinsport, Maine's two native sons, those new Kings of Comedy, Lang and Clark!

Yes, Eric Lang, master of the malaprop, the non sequitur, and possessor of that winsomely crooked smile, a great straight man in the tradition of Bud Abbott.    And the younger half of this sensational, new comedy team, the irrepressible Jeff Clark, whose skillful use of the pratfall and the phony limb, and whose unparalled utilization of humorous histrionics, makes him a comedic force to be reckoned with.

Be forewarned, dear viewer, for you will soon be exposed to almost unrelenting, sidesplitting humor.  Understandbly, all of Collinsport is justifiably proud of its two local boys who have made good.  Think of them as Collinsport's answer to Cheech and Chong.  Let the laughter begin!!!

Bob the B,

I laughed and laughed reading this, and then was nearly hysterical watching their scenes together.  Thanks to you, I could imagine that every time Dr. Lang mentioned "Eagle Hill", Jeff would turn suddenly and say, "Eagle Hill?!  Did you just say 'Eagle Hill'?  Slowly I turned ... step by step ... inch by inch ..."

Ooh, and instead of "Who's on First?", how about a Vicki/Jeff routine in which everytime Vicki calls Jeff "Peter Bradford" he screams "MY NAME IS JEFF CLARK!  CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!  I'M JEFF CLARK!!"  And then when Vicki finally catches on she tells him "I understand now-- you're Jeff Clark" to which he yells "I'M PETER BRADFORD!!"  But come to think of it, we really will get to see this one. ;)

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2002, 02:19:47 AM »
Dear Midnite,

Thanks for the kind words.  You know, keeping in an Abbott & Costello scenario, we could have Sheriff Paterson as Mike the Cop, King Johnny Romano as Botch-ka-lupe - your friendly neighborhood corner fruit man, Judah Zachry as Sidney Fields - Bud and Lou's lovable landlord, Angelique as the comely Hillary Brooke -Lou's fantasy woman and Horace Gladstone as "Stinky" -Lou's buddy/nemesis.

Bob the Bartender, justifiably proud of Asbury Park Bud Abbott and Paterson Lou Costello, two of the Garden State's funniest native sons( along with Joe Pesci).

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2002, 02:32:06 AM »
Thanks for the warning and the invitation to enjoy them as they should be taken. I'm afraid that I may have missed the sidesplitting humor without you and not known whether to laugh or cry! [lghy] [bawl]
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2002, 10:19:51 AM »

Ooh, and instead of "Who's on First?", how about a Vicki/Jeff routine in which everytime Vicki calls Jeff "Peter Bradford" he screams "MY NAME IS JEFF CLARK!  CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!  I'M JEFF CLARK!!"  And then when Vicki finally catches on she tells him "I understand now-- you're Jeff Clark" to which he yells "I'M PETER BRADFORD!!"  But come to think of it, we really will get to see this one. ;)

LOL!! Midnite, That is so true!!
"Calamity Jane"