Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #121 - 2005 Fest Info  (Read 4719 times)

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
Re: ShadowGram Update #121 - 2005 Fest Info
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 12:40:43 PM »
Will there be an official shopping expedition to Prada?

The thought of the footwear choices makes my head reel!

I'mright there withya baby
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 08:50:12 PM »
Sounds like alot of fun!  I always wanted to visit CA so for me it would be like getting two vacations in one! 
Thanks Tim (now if I can only get over my fear of flying)  Can we take the train?? LOL!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 10:05:39 PM »
What a wild color scheme at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel! How cool would it be to have a room that faced THE sign!?  Yes, I think I would enjoy my stay there. 

I am curious about the Hotel Roosevelt that victoriawinters mentioned too though - a haunted hotel does seem to work well for our theme.  ;)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 10:37:37 PM »
Here's the link to the Hotel Roosevelt incase anyone wants to comparison shop...

http://www.hollywoodroosevelt.com

BTW - the shopping spree sounds like it could be an event in itself!  I'm planning on being whole new me by then and hopefully ready for a new wardrobe.  8)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 11:57:47 PM »
Here's the link to the Hotel Roosevelt incase anyone wants to comparison shop...

I love that hotel!  I'd stay there if the convention was across the street!
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2004, 02:42:27 PM »
Hurray! Back to Southern California next year!

Victoriawinters, Profstokes, Midnite and I won't have to hassle with LAX  (or even Long Beach). That is cause for celebration.  ;D

I will be very interested to see what hotel they have selected. Hollywood is not the best of neighborhoods, but it does have one or two good hotels.

I thought Grayson's Legion would book a suite at Chez Bette . .. i hear its lovely. . .
Julia99

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2004, 06:30:11 PM »
I thought Grayson's Legion would book a suite at Chez Bette . .. i hear its lovely. . .

It is lovely, but it is a one bedroom, one bed suite, so we'd all have to get REAL cozy.  ;D

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2004, 06:44:20 PM »
It is lovely, but it is a one bedroom, one bed suite, so we'd all have to get REAL cozy.  ;D

LOL, Bette, you took that well.  :D

It's fun hanging out at Chez Bette's.  But who is bringing sedatives for Oscar the kitty?  ;)

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 02:05:57 AM »
It's fun hanging out at Chez Bette's.  But who is bringing sedatives for Oscar the kitty?  ;)

I'll bring whatever gets me into Chez Bette and allows me to have my (wicked) ways. . . :-* 
Julia99

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2004, 09:26:12 PM »

I'll bring whatever gets me into Chez Bette and allows me to have my (wicked) ways. . . :-* 

Crazy cat Oscar would indeed need a sedative. And J99, do you really want to see me brush my teeth?    :-X

Sorry, moderators. Couldn't resist a private joke. Now, back to the topic. . . .

Happened to be near the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel yesterday. Now I hope we don't stay there. It is very sterile and uninviting-looking. And, save for one expensive restaurant, it appears that one would have to eat meals at the Hollywood and Highland shopping center, which is at least attached to the hotel, but a very crowded place. Oh well, we'll see.

Midnite, if they do pick that hotel I think we need to make a date to further check out the place. Even the parking looked complicated . :(

Bette
Life works if you let it

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2004, 01:26:07 AM »

Sadly, I'm not the kind that conjures up cozy feelings in others...and I'm the LAST person that any of you would want to encounter first thing in the morning.  And you thought Barnabas was cranky when Willie disturbed his rest!   ;D

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2004, 01:37:49 AM »
Happened to be near the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel yesterday. Now I hope we don't stay there. It is very sterile and uninviting-looking. And, save for one expensive restaurant, it appears that one would have to eat meals at the Hollywood and Highland shopping center, which is at least attached to the hotel, but a very crowded place. Oh well, we'll see.

Midnite, if they do pick that hotel I think we need to make a date to further check out the place. Even the parking looked complicated . :(

Sorry to hear that.  From the website, it appears rather mid-century mod.  As for eating, isn't Melrose Avenue nearby?  I had a terrific lunch at a place whose name escapes me--Cafe Luna, Bella Luna?  I had pan-cooked gnocchi that were out of this world.  There's also a charming Italian place in Sherman Oaks (Mazzarino's).  A bit of a drive from Hollywood, but I'll be renting a car.  We can pile in and sing "Happy Days Are Here Again" and "Three Little Fishies." 

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2004, 02:02:24 AM »
As for eating, isn't Melrose Avenue nearby?  I had a terrific lunch at a place whose name escapes me--Cafe Luna, Bella Luna?  I had pan-cooked gnocchi that were out of this world.  There's also a charming Italian place in Sherman Oaks (Mazzarino's).  A bit of a drive from Hollywood, but I'll be renting a car.  We can pile in and sing "Happy Days Are Here Again" and "Three Little Fishies."

Those restaurant names sound familiar, Jean-Claude.  Since you successfully lead us to that great Mexican restuarant in Tarrytown, I certainly trust your restaurant savvy 100%   :)

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2004, 02:43:54 AM »
Sadly, I'm not the kind that conjures up cozy feelings in others...and I'm the LAST person that any of you would want to encounter first thing in the morning.  And you thought Barnabas was cranky when Willie disturbed his rest!   ;D

You're not the only only one, dear. Heck, nobody here's seen the likes of me before I take my anti-bitch pills in the morning...with plenty 'o coffee to wash it down.  LOL  ::)  ;D

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2004, 04:00:58 AM »
I had a terrific lunch at a place whose name escapes me--Cafe Luna, Bella Luna?  I had pan-cooked gnocchi that were out of this world.

Caffe Luna, where you can get breakfast any time.  ;)

We can pile in and sing "Happy Days Are Here Again" and "Three Little Fishies."

You're funny, Jean Claude!