Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1021  (Read 787 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1021
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:08 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1021
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:56 AM »
Are those real flowers, red and purple with yellow centers?   Barnabas and Ang should split victims, one guy, two straws.   Half the searching time.   If blood is sucked but not fatally, and then heatvamping actually does him in, does he come back as a vampire?   I suppose not.   

In closing credits, in Buffie's mirror, what's that strange creature she has a picture of on the mantle?  A Mr. Potato Head?   "Dark Shadows has been a Dan Curtis production"!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 04:02:08 AM »
Buffie must be spinning, first stay away and then go find out more.  At least she has guts to go back and confront Cyrus.  I don't think that people realize how strong she is. It was just that Yeager was a slime and liked to abuse people.

I don't think that we see to much of her from now on, that is too bad. Larry would make an interesting vampire. I think that he would have been a thoughtful one.

Angelique must have been talking to Barnabas about the flower trick, he did it in 1967 with Vickie and Julia.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:30 AM »
Look out the window, Cyrus. What do you see? Filthy windows, that's what.

Quentin and Maggie are newlywedded and he has "things" to do before bed???

The dreams on DS always remind of those LSD films they used to show us in 6th grade. And, of course, Jack Webb emphasizing the evils of drugs.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »
The voiceover, with its mention of Barnabas bringing his curse into parallel time, suggested to me that the vampire curse - not Barnabas's specifically, but rather the general concept - started in one particular time band and was carried, like an infection, from band to band, until it had spread throughout all the time bands.

Barnabas treats Buffie similarly to how he treated Charity: as if she were something quite special, not a drink-and-discard doxy, while in the meantime the sweet young thing he's really yearning for is another Josette clone.  It surprises me, because I wouldn't have thought Barnabas would see anything in Buffie beyond a quick fix.

I don't really enjoy what's going on right now, but I must admit there's interesting writing.  Angelique is carefully balancing the suspicions that she's creating in Quentin and Maggie, so that neither one is willing to confront the other with them.  And Cyrus is being pushed by random, unrelated occurrences to become John Yaeger again.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »
Great opinions by all! :)

5/23/70

Buffie has a raggedy Ann doll between her light??

As they said on today's shows Barnabas is compelling and/or glamoring Buffy!  :) 

I like the tea set as it's gorgeous!

Ugh! I wish that Quentin would tone his voice down at notch! He is grating on my nerves!  Angelique is so sickening I want to puke!  Well Lara sure broke the fourth wall and looked right into the camera which is often implored in the opening of the show at times but this was pretty bad.

Ugh I hope Angelique gets what's coming to her. 

To me it seems as if JY is fully taking over CL and Cyrus is going to become but a distant memory soon. 

More and more Barnabas is getting involved in the lives of the people in the "strange and terrifying world" of PT. 

I think I hate this Angelique most of all. To me she is simply annoying, evil and has no redeeming qualities AT ALL!

I agree with Janet about the dreams on DS.  They definitely seemed to be playing to the generation who was experimenting with drugs at the time with their trippy dreams!  You can see the light from the disco ball flickering on the mirror.  I love the ending shot!

“Dark Shadows has been a Dan Curtis Production!”  Wonder what prompted that?

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/