Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0911  (Read 1194 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0911
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0911
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:58:21 AM »
Grant Douglas is a far nicer amnesiac that Jeff Clark was.  He does have the advantage of not being forced to dig up body parts for Dr. Lang.  Still, even without working for Dr. Lang, if Jeff Clark had had not one but two women telling him, "I'll explain later," I'm thinking blood would have flowed, or at the very least, hair would have been torn out in great chunks.

David was very sweet and little boyish when he thought Grant Douglas was Quentin, and then, as soon as he learned that Grant Douglas was Grant Douglas, he was his old Leviathan self.  The antique shop game with Amy was really a beautiful setup, and who cares if it doesn't make sense that David and Amy remember Quentin?  I felt terrible for Amy as she stood upstairs, with Quentin downstairs and that breathing coming from behind the door.

I also felt bad for Julia, as she left the antique shop.  From the point of view of a casual stranger, Alex was far too young to be left by alone in a house, not to mention being left to mind the store.  And the story was that Megan had gone shopping at Brewster's!  And then Elizabeth left David and Amy with Alex right after that had been an unpleasant incident between the three of them.  Julia had no responsibility for any of those children; she just happened to be there.  But in her place, I think I would have refused to leave, even though it would have created unpleasantness with Elizabeth.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:55:30 AM »
Q's theme wakes David up but we can't hear it, or else David still has a psychic link with alive Q that Q doesn't even have with his own psyche!

Q to Julia in Q's room: "I thought you had permission to bring me here."  Not really.  Small near-LOL.

Moody outdoor shots with sounds of wind this episode, unusual these days (?) and they hold on the images longer than they have been lately I think.   These help me with my seriously compromised suspension of disbelief.

Alex to David regarding Amy with Carolyn's old picture:  "Get it!"  He sounds like a mob boss giving orders to his lieutenant...

What did Amy see?!    .... end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:33:28 AM »
Julia already blamed Barnabas for manipulating Grant's memory, and now she's accusing Grant of faking it.  She treated him for the head injury, so why is she accepting every scenario except that he might actually have amnesia?

And her excuse that she was in Quentin's room to look at paintings was so incredibly lame.  But a few scenes later, she and Liz were in the West Wing looking at paintings!

Alex drew a coiled snake, and then Elizabeth entered the shop sporting a snake pin-- neither of which I'd ever do because I hate snakes.  Liz either got some layering or a new hairdresser because her do is softer and doesn't resemble a helmet anymore.

Q's theme wakes David up but we can't hear it, or else David still has a psychic link with alive Q that Q doesn't even have with his own psyche!

Oh, I wrote that quote down.  David asked Julia if Quentin was back, and said, "I sensed it in my room. And then when I got there I heard his music."

Alex to David regarding Amy with Carolyn's old picture:  "Get it!"  He sounds like a mob boss giving orders to his lieutenant...

Leave the picture. Take the cannoli.
 [snow_rolleyes]

I guess the writers haven't yet decided that Leviathans are [spoiler]terrified of ghosts.[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 08:02:02 AM »
Julia is workin’ the gloves again!  So glad to have David Selby on my screen again! Hmm…is David even supposed to remember Quentin!?  All this stuff makes me reach for my Excedrin migraine! 

“Know ‘em” David Selby says with his southern accent slipping through.  I love it very much! Southern accents are sexy!   His accent is a bit different but along the lines of mine. 

I can just hear Julia thinking to herself.  “This kid is creeptastic!”

“If I didn't think so I wouldn't do it would I? “ Elizabitch snarkly says!   JB can play smart ass well!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 03:07:22 AM »
I realize that David is under the influence, but he was downright EVIL in tormenting Amy with the threat of the return of Quentin. I know it was Alexander who put him up to, but still David  really seemed to relish in inflicting as much fear and terror into Amy as he could.

What is wrong with Julia leaving those kids alone in the shop?! She shouldn't have let Elizabeth sweet-talk her into going away with her, leaving those kids to do who knows what (maybe break a few antiques, not that Megan would care at this point, or maybe TORMENTING Amy mercilessly like they were in fact doing). And Julia knows that Alexander isn't an ordinary child. How did she know the kid wouldn't cause all forms of havoc?

Also if Julia wanted to play Quentin's music to jog Grant's memory, maybe she should have waited until EVERYBODY was OUT of the house before she took him up there and played the song. She should have known playing the tune with David and Amy still around would scare them to death, especially David.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »
Again I say, the effect could have been better if the kid was nice, I think that is why I didn't like this period as a kid. Is that everyone was just so evil and dark.  A totally different evil than someone like Trask and early Quentin.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 05:12:38 AM »
Again I say, the effect could have been better if the kid was nice,
The short-term effect might have been better, but I think that for the long haul, I think his refusal to dissemble was more effective.