Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0457  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0457
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:28:38 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0457
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »
That was an impressive pair of screams from Joan Bennett at the end of the episode!  And an impressive performance from her all the way through the episode.  I felt so sorry for Naomi - to see one's well-loved son feeding on another human being like that has to be horrible.

I was thinking, as Millicent came down the stairs and faced Barnabas's portrait, that she is quite different, as a victim of Barnabas, from how Carolyn was.  Carolyn was icy cold and stiff, while Millicent is all fragility, looking as though she's just about to fall apart at the joints.  Very nice job by Nancy Barrett.

Gosh it felt good to see Ben telling Nathan off.  And there was no doubt that Ben would carry through on his promise to kill Nathan if Nathan tried to stop him from taking Daniel away.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »
I was thinking, as Millicent came down the stairs and faced Barnabas's portrait, that she is quite different, as a victim of Barnabas, from how Carolyn was.
I find it fascinating how different people's altered personalities are so varied after being bitten by a vampire. [Bat] No two people act the same.  [snow_wink]

This was an excellent episode! All acting was superb! [bigok] I agree, Nathan was very evil!  [snow_smileydevil] It was great to see Ben talk back to him! [cheer] Kudos to Naomi for getting Ben to take Daniel out of the house! [clap2] Naomi has lots of chutzpa, just like Elizabeth in the "present time". Yes, indeed, Naomi's screams at the end were impressive! [snow_wow]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »
Great episode. I too was cheering Ben on when he told Nathan off.

Did Nathan really think that Joshua would even contemplate making him lord of the manor, even if his plan to get rid of Daniel had been successful? I know Nathan has twisted Joshua's arm so far, but I think Joshua does have his limits to how much he can be pushed around.

I also loved Naomi having it out with Nathan again. She's right....who is he to be screaming about legal rights when he's already committed perjury at a trial, conspired to have a little boy kidnapped and murdered in cold blood?

What a horrible sight for Naomi...to see her son become a blood-thirsty animal. Poor woman had already been through enough tragedy and this latest horror was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I agree....Joan Bennett really shined in this episode.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 06:38:56 PM »
What a shame, that Nathan who once was a friend, is now such a bitterenemy, willing to cause others to suffer for his own selfishness.

The secret Barnabas and Joshua have tried so diligently to keep from Naomi has been revealed, and in a very graphic horrific way. How much tragedy can one family endure?  [snow_sad]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:30:24 AM »
Just thought I would add a milestone to this episode. Sorry for the delay. This was the first of only 20 episodes of DS that were directed by Dan Curtis. [milestone] That was less than 2% of all the episodes!  [hall2_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]