Author Topic: Secrets You Didn’t Know About Starsky & Hutch  (Read 466 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Secrets You Didn’t Know About Starsky & Hutch
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:46:27 AM »
Well, actually, this isn't any sort of secret for anyone who was around when Starsky & Hutch was originally on. (In fact, any S&H publicity drummed it into our heads!) But if they want to use David Selby to illustrate it, who are we to argue?!

The Real Starsky And Hutch

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Secrets You Didn’t Know About Starsky & Hutch
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:24:53 PM »
I didn't read the article, and believe it or not, I was pretty much oblivious to that series when it was on.  I was living in a dorm room with no television set and pretty caught up in other things.  So, I had never heard that it was "based on" two real cops.  I kind of wonder to what degree it was "based on" anything since shows involving two cops on their beat seem as if they had already been with us a really long time--DRAGNET, ADAM-12 etc etc.

I presume Selby was a guest star on one of the shows and I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that whoever did that graphic is a DS fan...

G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
The real life "Super Cops" got quite a lot of press coverage in the NYC media back in the early 1970's. I remember seeing them on several local talk shows back in the day. They were quite charismatic and were known as Batman and Robin. In more recent years, they have found themselves in trouble with the law. How ironic.
I wonder if Paul Michael Glaser and David Selby ever crossed paths in NYC. Glaser was appearing on Love Is A Many Splendored Thing during a good part of Selby's run on DS.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:31:30 AM »
I find those articles titled things like:  "Secrets About...Name-of-TV-Show," or "What They Wouldn't Tell you About...Name-of-TV-Show."  They never tell you any "secrets" or other shockingly revealed stuff.  Plus, ten-thousand flashy ads try to load and it takes forever for the page to complete.  They all end up being a tremendous waste of time.

Gerard