Author Topic: SATAN IN HIGH HEELS  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:SATAN IN HIGH HEELS
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 04:56:14 PM »
Hi Vlad,

Ironically, Grayson has her biggest film role in Satan in High Heels.  She has a lot of dialogue and is in a lot of scenes and gets lots of closeups.  I'm pretty sure she gets more screen time in "Satan" than she did in "Iguana"!

As for Polly Magoo, I love her in that, but she doesn't get much screen time.  She's in it at the beginning, then comes back 45 minutes later in the harem outfit with the huge turban.  There are a couple of other short scenes with her, including a priceless snap-cut appearance at the very end.

Best wishes,

Steve

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2003, 06:14:04 PM »
I still haven't seen "Qui etes-vous, Polly Magoo?", which I've been told is archived at a modern art museum right next door to where I live!  I was told I could request a private screening, but I've never looked into this further.

It's very amusing, Vlad, and how fortunate that it's so readily available to you!  I recommend you check it out.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2003, 03:52:07 AM »
how fortunate that it's so readily available to you!  I recommend you check it out.

I suppose it's a little like living in Paris and never getting to the Eiffel Tower (does that ever really happen?) ...

I'm told that the "Mary Tyler Moore House" is within walking distance of where I live, yet I've never tracked that down either ...  ;D
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2003, 04:16:50 AM »
P.S., Thank you for the info, Gothick.  I think I'll try to get "Satan in High Heels." Not sure if I should look for the video or DVD. I've been buying DVDs, too, but don't have a DVD player (yet).

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2003, 08:56:27 AM »
Vlad Wrote:
I suppose it's a little like living in Paris and never getting to the Eiffel Tower (does that ever really happen?) ...
I'm told that the "Mary Tyler Moore House" is within walking distance of where I live, yet I've never tracked that down either ... 

Vlad, I know what you mean. I live so close to N.Y City and yet I've never been to the WTC, and sadly, it's too late now. :(

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2003, 02:53:41 AM »
Vlad, I know what you mean. I live so close to N.Y City and yet I've never been to the WTC, and sadly, it's too late now.

Sometimes it takes out-of-town guests to get you to these locations.

re:  the WTC -- just today I noticed a pen in one of my drawers with the Marriott World Trade Center stamped on it.  I also have my room key (after I locked myself out and had to get another one ... the man at the desk told me I could keep the other one as a souvenir).

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2003, 03:12:15 AM »
Vlad, I know what you mean. I live so close to N.Y City and yet I've never been to the WTC, and sadly, it's too late now. :( Cassandra[/font]
Daughter and I were up on the Observation Deck of the WTC during a class trip back in 1997. I put the ticket stub in a small frame. We even ate at Sbarro's during a quickie stop in underground mall before we moved on to Battery Park. The class took the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and then we moved on to Liberty Park in Jersey. Very long day to say the least. We stopped at The Inferno on Route 17 for a dinner stop.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe