Author Topic: Show unread posts?  (Read 1005 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Show unread posts?
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:39:06 AM »
I like the new theme, but ever since it's arrival I no longer get the "show unread posts" option when I log-in. Anyone else have this problem?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Show unread posts?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:34:04 PM »
It's not next to your avatar in the upper left hand corner?

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:18:38 PM »
Nope. The "Home" page doesn't even show my avatar when I'm logged in.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Then you collapsed your header at some point.  (Sounds painful, no?  [hall2_wink])  Since collapsing (or expanding) isn't an option in Arcane Magic, you'll have to accomplish it in a theme that does have it.

Open the Look and Layout Preferences area of your Profile.  Click "(change)" following Current Theme and select Variations on Blue ("use this theme").  A blue cross will now appear in the upper right corner of the page; hovering will indicate "shrink or expand the header."  Click once to expand, then return to either the Arcane Magic or Board Default theme (currently they're the same) and your header will reappear.  Hope that helped.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:28:12 PM »
Mystery solved, retzev - and believe it or not, it goes all the way back to something you did between January 9th and 16th (I could check the access_logs from back then to see when the exact date and time was, but that isn't all that important  [hall2_wink]). I checked through my backups of the database, and ever since the one I made on January 16th, you've had the option to collapse the header set. Back then apparently the feature only activated with the Variations on Blue theme because it was the only theme that checked to see if the option was set. And apparently things remained that way until recently. Even though the actual button to collapse the header isn't available in Arcane Magic, the theme does check whether or not the feature has been set, and it collapses the header if it has. It's anyone's guess why The Great Orator or possibly even the creator of the BlackDay theme, which was adapted to create AM, wrote the theme that way. Quite obviously it was poor programming. But, sadly, there's often a lot of that going around.  [hall2_undecided]

But anyway, what Midnite suggested you do would have worked, but I've taken the liberty of changing the setting in the database for you. The header for Arcane Magic *should* be displaying for you now.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 03:24:56 AM »
Thanks a million MB! You too Midnite! The first round of shots is on me at the fest!