Author Topic: Another Article Mentioning DS  (Read 633 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another Article Mentioning DS
« on: October 31, 2004, 10:01:19 PM »
Contra Costa Times staff share their shiver starters:

A 'Hush' with death

UNLESS YOU count some of the political ads currently polluting the airwaves, made-for-TV fare tends not to be all that terrifying. Suspenseful yes ("The Twilight Zone," "The X-Files"), but flat-out scary? Not so much.
In fact, ever since creepy Barnabas Collins on the old "Dark Shadows" serial freaked me out as a kid, the moments when television truly gave me the willies have been few and far between.

One exception was a landmark episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" that first aired in December 1999 called "Hush." The largely silent episode, deftly written and directed by Joss Whedon, focuses on hideous demons called "The Gentlemen" who glide eerily through Sunnydale to steal the voices of its citizens -- and then return to extract their hearts.

"Hush" remains one of the most artful and distinct hours of television I have ever experienced, and the image of those bald, pale-faced, sunken-eyed and sneering Gentlemen still sends chills down my spine. ("Hush" by the way, is available on the Season 4 "Buffy" DVD set).

-- Chuck Barney, Times TV critic

To read the entire article, check out: OOOH, scary -- what chills you? (Registration is required.)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Another Article Mentioning DS
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 10:19:42 PM »
Nice of them to mention "willie" too......snicker!

My daughter insisted that I watch a repeat of that episode of "Buffy" with her because she thought it was one of the creepiest things she'd ever seen on television.

I agreed with her......it so perfectly resembles a nightmare.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas