Author Topic: DS Fest Burbank  (Read 8230 times)

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS Fest Burbank
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 02:29:29 PM »
Spooky!  [ghost_wink]  Thanks for the additional link, Midnite. MB, your link doesn't work for me in IE7, either, just brings up a blank page. [ghost_huh]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »
Both links are still working for me in firefox (and safari) - but I'm getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" with my link, too. Spooky, indeed!  [ghost_huh]

But at least one of the links should be working in all browsers...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 03:30:11 AM »
Does anybody know if we should expect any surprises at the Fest in terms of new merchandise-or are we to lookward to the same boring boxers, tote bags, pens, cheap mugs etc... Perhaps DCP allowed licensing to other vendors or is that asking for too much?. Collector's plates would be nice. Actually a little creativity  and imagination would be nice as well. I know the topic of DS merchandising has been previously discussed here but it would be nice to see new DS collectibles or new creative imaged shirts etc...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 03:34:49 AM »
Don't tell me you've already bought all the pairs of DS boxer shorts that you could possibly wear in a lifetime?!  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 03:45:48 AM »
lol yeah I have seen enough of them. Are the pjs out yet?-jk

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 06:53:52 AM »
I'd love a pair of DS boxers, how much they going for nowadays?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 03:13:53 AM »
is the 1996 christmas ornament still available? [ghost_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »
Is there a problem with Banquet Tickets?  I just might be able to go.
If it is still on the Website it is still available?

Lori
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 03:27:47 AM »
Is there a problem with Banquet Tickets?  I just might be able to go.

AFAIK there's been no word of a banquet sellout, but once you're sure you can attend (as no refunds are given), I wouldn't recommend waiting to send your payment.

If it is still on the Website it is still available?

A more reliable indicator is to ask PansyFaye by using the contact link on the site.

Hope to see you!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 04:54:20 AM »
I am trying to make arrangements and get tickets. I have had rooms reserved for awhile.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
I don't know if this information will help anyone but, due to the fact that I am changing jobs in a couple of weeks, I am going to have to cancel my Burbank Marriott hotel reservation for the fest.  I made it quite awhile back and though I have been madly in search of a new job for quite awhile now, I was still clinging to the hope that I would win PowerBall, become disgustingly wealthy and still be able to use it.  But, the new job came through and it looks like I will have to pry my fingers away from that wishful thinking...though, I must say, that is the only drawback to this very happy, happy joyous occasion!   [sun]

BTW: The reservation was for a room with two beds.  I don't know if it will actually make a difference - that is, if an actual vacancy will put back on the list (so to speak) at the DS fest price but, thought it wouldn't hurt to mention it.  I'm going to cancel it this afternoon before I totally space it and end up having to pay for it. [ghost_wacko]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 04:38:48 AM »
I don't know if this information will help anyone but, due to the fact that I am changing jobs in a couple of weeks, I am going to have to cancel my Burbank Marriott hotel reservation for the fest.  I made it quite awhile back and though I have been madly in search of a new job for quite awhile now, I was still clinging to the hope that I would win PowerBall, become disgustingly wealthy and still be able to use it.  But, the new job came through and it looks like I will have to pry my fingers away from that wishful thinking...though, I must say, that is the only drawback to this very happy, happy joyous occasion!   [sun]

Congrats on your new job!!! [cheers] [cheerleader]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »
Thanks!  It was a long, long time coming.  I really wanted to make it to a CA based fest and, if the timing had been just a bit better I could have.  Still, I haven't been so elated about something for as long as I can remember!  I hope the fest turns out to be a really great time for everyone though.  I'm looking forward to the photos and reports as usual.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 12:23:19 AM »
Just for your information. If your flying to the fest I'd act fast. After hearing all the talk on TV about the price of flying I checked to see what my tickets would cost if I bought them today. The price I paid last month was $530.00, today the same ticket cost 1,079.00!!! That's a big jimp. If I had waited I wouldn't be going.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 03:17:53 AM »
If you look at Jonathan's website, he is sorting some of his old memorbilia both both a silent auction at the Fest and also for things for him to sell on ebay.

I think it is wonderful he is coming, but I hope he varies some of the material he presented last year in Tarrytown, like for the best of Barnabas segment have some of the wonderful scenes he and Lara did together, he I am sure realized what a great screen chemistry they had together.

Also, since one of JF's programs is just after the cast reunion,I do hope Jonathan would be a part of that, if he rests up beforehand he might be able to do it--seeing him onstage with John Karlen again would be wonderful, both for the two "Jo(h)ns and the audience as a whole.

I can't make the Fest but have some friends that will give me some recaps, so I will be disappointed if JF does not come to the cast reunion, and thank goodness this year they are having him personlize the banquet photos before the Fest, so maybe Jonathan will have time to relax and eat during the banquet, one can hope...