Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0258  (Read 1179 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0258
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:32:12 AM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0258
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:44:30 PM »
Well there was good news and bad news for Maggie. The good is that Barnabas has finally given up the idea of trying to turn her into Josette, the bad he's decided to kill her! [shockeyes]

Willie had a point, Barnabas could be more merciful towards Maggie. I heard the sorrowful tone in Barnabas' voice when he lamented there was a time he needed mercy, begged for it, and it was denied him. Still the fact that [spoiler]his witch wife Angelique chose to show him no mercy[/spoiler] doesn't mean he should do the same to Maggie. I mean, he has powers, couldn't he have made her forget?  [scratch2]

Poor Willie....he doesn't want to see Maggie die, but he's unable to convince Barnabas to spare her life. He wants to save her, but Barnabas has too much power over him for him to be able to do anything for her. Even his efforts to convince Maggie to give up the "act" of seeing a little girl is too little too late and I believe he knows this.

We know Maggie's not crazy even if Barnabas and Willie don't.

Great episode.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 04:14:28 PM »
Great Show, great acting. The tension of the show is so strong. The whole show took place in two places the cell and front room of the old house.  I have one question why doesn't Barnabas recognize the song London Bridge, if that was Sarah favorite song?

Oh by the way KLS, no shoes or slippers, wouldn't the floor be very cold, there is no central heating.

What makes DS really great is that the acting and the writing on the show is top notch. Bravo  JF, JF, KLS,

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:42:26 AM »
Great episode - and interesting, too.  We have been informed that Sarah is for real, but Maggie does not have our information.  She has reason to believe that she is going crazy...and so she cooperates, and slips the surly bonds of sanity.

If the ghost that came to Maggie had been Naomi instead of Sarah, would that have changed anything?  "I'm looking for my husband, but he'll be angry if he finds out I'm down here.  Would you like some wine?  It's very good, and if I drink enough of it, maybe I'll forget that I'm lost...lost...lost..."  "Mrs. Stoddard?  Why are you looking for your husband?  He's been gone for eighteen years!  And why are you dressed like that?"

Barnabas said there was a time when others showed him no mercy.  I wonder what particular time and what particular others he was referring to - although, since this was before his back-story was finally decided on, it's a slightly fruitless speculation.  Still, it would be interesting to know: was he thinking of some part of the real story that we later learned, or was he thinking of some incident that he twisted out of all recognition during his years in the coffin?

And then there's poor Willie, dealing with two nut-cases.  We could re-name the Old House "Windcliff Wannabe."

What I really liked about this episode is that, when I watched it this time, I realized that a certain later development was not the total cop-out that I had previously thought it to be:
[spoiler]Maggie's amnesia and reversion to childhood after her escape.[/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
If the ghost that came to Maggie had been Naomi instead of Sarah, would that have changed anything?  "I'm looking for my husband, but he'll be angry if he finds out I'm down here.  Would you like some wine?  It's very good, and if I drink enough of it, maybe I'll forget that I'm lost...lost...lost..."  "Mrs. Stoddard?  Why are you looking for your husband?  He's been gone for eighteen years!  And why are you dressed like that?"

Barnabas said there was a time when others showed him no mercy.  I wonder what particular time and what particular others he was referring to - although, since this was before his back-story was finally decided on, it's a slightly fruitless speculation.  Still, it would be interesting to know: was he thinking of some part of the real story that we later learned, or was he thinking of some incident that he twisted out of all recognition during his years in the coffin?

And then there's poor Willie, dealing with two nut-cases.  We could re-name the Old House "Windcliff Wannabe."

Very excellent points, and very well thought out. I liked the "Windcliff Wannabe" we know that will happen in the future.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 03:14:38 AM »
I have one question why doesn't Barnabas recognize the song London Bridge, if that was Sarah favorite song?
I wondered that, too!  Great acting by JF, JK, and KLS. [bigok] Poor Maggie - she's not really crazy, but Barnabas and Willie think she is.  That must be really frustrating for Maggie to not get straight answers from Sarah. [sadg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:12:55 PM »
Poor Maggie - she's not really crazy, but Barnabas and Willie think she is.
I'm not so sure about that.  I'm coming to the conclusion, on this round of watching, that it was Sarah's appearance that really drove Maggie round the bend.  She could cope with a vampire, but a little girl appearing out of the blue and then coming and going from the locked cell with the greatest of ease - well, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Yes, Sarah was real, but Maggie was talking very, very strangely in this episode.