Author Topic: Ben Cross speaks DS  (Read 2631 times)

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Cross speaks DS
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
What's really sad is, the WB missed the boat entirely! I mean, look at the plethora of vampire TV series that are now running, not to mention that whole "Twilight" phenomenon (not that I'm a fan, though). Let's hope the Depp film will rev things up again for our beloved show.

I'm sorry to hear about NODS. While I absolutely hated HODS, NODS had a lot of potential, even if you could obviously see it was cut to smithereens in the editing process. Way to ruin what seemed to be a good flick!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Cross speaks DS
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 06:16:13 PM »
Well somebody over here said that Dark Shadows is always ahead of its time. Yes the WB did miss the boat-they could have lead the new vampire craze. DS also has not had too much good fortune lately. Rob Bowman was suppose to direct the 2004 pilot (he directed two of the 1991 DS episodes and the X-File movie so he knew the DS universe pretty well) and at the last minute had to pull out to direct a movie and WB brought in a director who confessed he previously never heard of DS. TB did not originally intend to film Alice in 3D mixed with live animation so that movie would have been completed by now. And it appears he is going to need every day leading up to the movie's March release. And this also pushed back on the NODS restoration and DVD release which it deserves. Hope Depp and WB know what they are doing.