Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1168  (Read 726 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1168
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1168
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »
We got a reprise of the "Never without you" scene from episode 1070 today, and it was much more satisfying to me.  In 1070, Barnabas spoke in the heat of the moment, but today it was an established commitment.  Barnabas being Barnabas, his next step will be to find some new sweet young thing to drool over, but Julia has still gained serious ground.  But oh, golly, surely there's more to love than "gaining serious ground".  The writers are cruel to Julia even when they're kind to her.

Meanwhile, whatever possessed Barnabas to keep his coffin in the room behind the bookcase?  Anybody and everybody could look through the window and see him coming out of that not-so-secret room!

I felt it must be strange for Julia as she talked to Carrie about Carrie's troubles, knowing that Carrie was doomed to die - or maybe not, because Julia does not know whether or not events have been changed sufficiently in 1840 for Carrie's death to be prevented.  Of course, just about everybody to whom Julia talks in 1840 is going to die before 1970, but Carrie's death would be more in the foreground of Julia's mind than the death of some of the others.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
Was Jeremy Grimes brought into the show to replace Tad?  I was wondering if Tad was originally to be Carrie's interest.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
I love the scene with Barnabas and Julia! She stops herself just in time, and Barnabas gives her such a sharp look! One of my favorite scenes ever. The previous scene with Barn and Angelique is another high point in the series.

And yes, I bet Jeremy was brought in as a romance for Carrie. I have to say I never thought it might be strange for Julia to talk as if Carrie has a future--but how could she tell the poor girl she was doomed to die? I think Barn and Julia should be consulting Leticia several times a day at least, to see if they've changed the future at all!