Author Topic: Whose Hair...?  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
Re: Whose Hair...?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2002, 06:35:26 PM »
Nancy's was nice but i never wanted to be a blonde. :o

Carolyn's hair was very thick and lovely, but a little too straight for my taste.  A natural blonde myself, I have always been happy with my hair color but have longed for it to grow a wave or two.  So, I'll have to say Vicky's thick wavy hair and Carolyn's tresses both win my vote.  

I think many of the DS men had nice hair; Quentin's was wavy and lush and Morgan's looked thick and healthy, too.  In fact, one of the few attractive fashions of the late 60s/early 70s were the longer men's hairstyles, which often looked very nice as long as they of the well-groomed, clean variety.  All IMO, of course.

Maybe one of the reasons that so many of the men's hairstyles in the 1840 DS stories looked very authentic was that at least length-wise they were very close to those of the 1970s.
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2002, 07:25:33 PM »

Regarding the men of Dark Shadows, you know I'm going to say Craig Slocum had the best hair. I love his red hair, and it looks so soft and shiny, makes me just wanna touch it! Cassandra, I notice your very long hair in your avatar photo. Mine was always like that in my 20's. I cut it all off when I was 30, women were wearing real short hair, I mean like short as Craig's in my avatar! Some even shorter. I've been letting it grow again for the last 7 years, with my regular half inch trims to keep the split ends away, so now it's down to the middle of my back and growing again.  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2002, 11:40:58 PM »

hmmm. How about Aristede? Now that was some head of hair! [kaiokn]          Seriously though, I always thought most of the guys on DS had a pretty nice head of hair, Jerry Lacy, Keith Prentice, Joel Crothers,Geoffrey Scott, David Selby, and Humbert Allen Astredo just to name a few.

ARISTEDE? ACK! Does it have to be all poofy like that?

Most of the guys you mention: Crothers, Scott, Selby - all have very wavy hair, like it's really curly and they work hard to straighten it out. That's what mine is already like and it's a big freaking pain in the you know what. Jerry Lacy's and Keith Prentice's hair always struck me as a little oily looking, and I think HAA was on the verge of thinning hair during DS.

Like I say, I'm not too envious of any of the men's hair on DS. Now, Alexandra Moltke, with that impossibly thick hair  . . . THAT'S something to envy!

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2002, 03:07:37 AM »
8)I always thought both Katherine Leigh Scott's and Alenandra Molke's hair was pretty.  I like KLS hair color.  It was a nice shade of red.  My hair is brown and not too thin or too thick but it never looks as beautiful as theirs did!  

HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2002, 09:46:43 PM »
This is a tough one ?!?  ?!?  ?!?  Vickys hair is to thick.  I have very thick hair and it is a bother.   Caroline...To dippy-do, with that dead swoop across her forehead.   :-/  I liked how Maggys looked when it was long with bangs, around the time she was Barnabas capture.  :-*  I really really like Elizabeths hair line.  I have a awful hair line and would love to have hers and wear my hair pulled back.    So Elizabeths hair line, Carolines color.    Style well...........actually I really like Julias when she first got it cut.   :D  Also Nancy Barettes current hair,  (from what I have seen in photos).  Is especially nice, color and style.
I must go to my room and rest.

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2002, 01:56:57 AM »
Being a guy, I didn't find anything really special about any of the men of "Dark Shadows"' hair doos. Alexandra and Nancy had pretty hair on the show, especially in the first few months of the show.

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2002, 08:24:32 PM »
My hair was dark brown like Vicki's,
now it salt and pepper. So I like to
have Vicki's hair  ;)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 06:32:15 AM »
I would like to have David Selby's gorgeous head of thick hair during the show.  I have red hair which I used to hate, but now embrace because "RED" is so in now.  I think it had more to do with being teased for having red hair and on top of that being teased for being gay. I think that is what really made me not like it when I was young.  My biggest qualm now is since I have had to take pain medication for a back injury it has caused my hair to fall out.   I am not bald thankfully, but it isn't as thick as when I was healthier 20 year old. 

As for the gals I loved Alexandras gorgeous hair especially right[spoiler] before she leaves the show![/spoiler]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 11:08:12 AM »
When I was a teenager a barber tried to sell me on the idea of using some tonic he'd invented that made one's hair fall out.   He thought I had too much, you see.   It was very thick.   I was a sensible kid though, and knew I was going to need that hair some day.   So now even though I'm middle-aged and it's very gray (went gray in 30s), I'm still fine in the hair department, in fact it's long.

I don't envy anyone else's hair.  I only regret that I'm the position of having to cut it myself, and I don't know what the hell I'm doing.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »
I'm a guy but I have long hair most of the time. My wife and I give to "Locks Of Love" every few years or so. So I'm picking Vickie when her hair was at it's longest.

Here's a picture taken about six months before my last hair cut.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 04:38:51 PM »
Well your hair is absolutely goregous and I am jealous!  [ghost_tongue] Naw, man I am glad you have such goregous hair.  IF I can get off the meds eventually I hope it will come back in as thick as it used to be. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »
My prayers are with you my friend, about getting off the meds anyway. You get off of those and everything else will be a bonus.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
BTW..it is great that you and your wifey do that for LOCKS OF LOVE.  IF my hair was healthier I would.  My hair has been long since I got out of High School.  I went to "CHRISTIAN" school and we were very repressed.  So having long hair has been my ultimate rebellion for years. I have another friend here on the boards who donates to the same charity.  You and your wife seem like "GOOD PEOPLE" too me.  Thanks for the prayers.  I CERTAINLY beleive in the POWER of PRAYER!!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »
Thank you, I talk about Locks Of Love whenever I can hoping other will give.

Now back on topic. [ghost_smiley]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »
Yes I have we have gotten way off.  I also loved Grayson Hall's short hair.  I thought she was striking though with her hair longer as the series was wrapping up.  Think 1995 and beyond.