Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 122241 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1950 on: May 05, 2024, 03:20:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #516 (1968) - Liz - 'You made me think of death and I can think of nothing else. That's why I can't sleep. It's because of you. I don't know what you're doing to me or why, but you are, and you MUST stop. Please, you've got to stop or I'll go mad.'

From  "Robservations 6/11/02 - #515/516 - Tragedy; Rescue"
At Collinwood, Elizabeth comes downstairs and approaches Cassandra in the drawing room. Why are you doing this to me? she begs. Cassandra plays innocent. Liz can't sleep, she only thinks of death, and it's because of Cassandra. The witch forces Liz to look into her eyes. After she's hypnotized, Cassandra gives her a sherry and says she hasn't had it bad yet--the worst is yet to come.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, but at least it does reference it's circumstances...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'If you- if you MUST destroy, destroy the one who was responsible. Destroy Cassandra Collins. Destroy the witch') was back on March 30th.

I remember first watching this ep back in 1968 and thinking Trask had really destroyed Cassandra - and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. How foolish we were!!  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 06, 2024, 02:42:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #649 (1969) - Madame Findley - 'Alright, I'll wait for you, but you MUST appear to me. Appear to me.'

From  "Robservations 9/17/02 - #649/650 - A Tumble Downstairs; A Rejected Proposal"
The music starts playing. Madame Findlay calls to the spirits--"I'm here to help!"
The music suddenly stops, but she continues to speak to the spirits, assuring them, "I'm here to bring you peace, but if you won't help me, I'd like to leave." She tries the door, but it won't budge. Scared, she tells them she isn't afraid. The medium suddenly realizes someone died in this room. The air around her grows frigid. "You exist in darkness!" she accuses--"and you want me to exist in darkness!--APPEAR TO ME! APPEAR TO ME!"

The Robservations ends the excerpt above by presenting supposedly quoted dialogue, however, no dialogue is delivered as such. Yes, Madame Findley does say, "And you want me to exist in darkness," but she doesn't jump from that to say, "APPEAR TO ME! APPEAR TO ME!" What she actually does is deliver the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Madame Findley - 'I know you exist here, but you MUST make your presence known to me. You MUST make your presence known') was back on March 6th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 07, 2024, 02:42:12 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #759 (1897) - Magda - 'I know it won't, but it MUST be told and then I will know how angry you can get.'

From  "Robservations 1/8/03 - #758/759 - Barn & Ang Combine Forces"
He sarcastically tells Magda, it's an honor to see you--where were you at dawn, when you were supposed to be protecting me?--and where was Sandor?  Magda, looking nervous, tells him to listen, but he's too angry to pay attention to her.
I have news, insists Magda.  News won't deter me, says Barnabas.  It must be told, she says, and I will know how angry you can get.  Realizing this is a serious matter, Barnabas shuts up and pays attention.  Magda crosses herself and reports, "Laura--she knows about you."  Barnabas grabs Magda's arm.  Laura knows you're a vampire! reveals Magda, terrified.  Barnabas is stunned--and perturbed!"

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does do so well enough...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I MUST') was back on March 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: Yesterday at 06:04:30 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #912 (1969) - Barnabas - 'Just for your own good-- I MUST do what is destined for me to do. Let me do it.'

From  "Robservations 4/28/03 - #911-912 - Leviathan Amy?; Harrison Monroe Delaware Tate"
You aren't in charge of me, says Alex. I am, says Barn, and don't you forget it--Haza and Oberon entrusted Alex to me, and you can be kept completely secret, you know, kept locked in your room until the time comes--would you like that? Megan and Philip wouldn't let you, says the boy. I tell THEM what to do, Barnabas reminds him. Alex, pouting, doesn't answer, he just walks away. Do we understand each other? asks Barnabas--answer me! Yes, says Alex.  Look at me when you say that! Barnabas insists. Alex turns and says, I understand! You will not let it happen again, says Barn.  Alex repeats his worlds. This is for your own good, says Barn, leaning on his cane, I must do what is destined for me to do, let me do it. Alex nods. You will be kept locked in your room as long as you're here, says Barn--is that quite clear? Alex nods, his back to Barnabas, who adds--Megan and Philip will be informed--I can't stay here any longer. Where are you going? asks Alex. To undo what you have done, says Barnabas angrily--and he picks up the Leviathan box.

Again a Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does do so quite well...

And as with Ep #75 back on the 1st, Ep #912 just happens to be one that we hadn't quoted from before. And once again, Midnite didn't set out to specifically do that for today - it just happened serendipitously. But as I said back on the 1st, there are a least a few times every month that we quote from an ep for the first time, and today's quoting from Ep #912 for the first time is just another example of that.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: Today at 05:46:14 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1013 (1970PT) - Angelexis - 'Now, we'll need mandragora, and spring water for the potion. You MUST have it all ready before Quentin returns.'

From  "#1012/1013: Robservations 07/09/03: Stranger in a Sea of Familiar Faces"
I take it the second Mrs. Collins has decided to return to Collinwood, and you're worried--and understandably so, says Hannah. No, she hasn't, says Angelique, and Quentin is being very stubborn about persuading her to, which leaves it up to us. Hannah is puzzled. We will use our methods to force him to bring her back, says Angelique. You mean you WANT her to come back? asks Hannah. She's all he thinks about, complains Angelique, and as long as that's true, I haven't any hope of winning him back--as long as she's in New York, I can't fight her--I want her HERE, where I can deal with her. How will we get her here? asks Hannah.  We'll put a spell on Quentin, says Ang, reach deep into his heart and make him long for Maggie so much, he can't bear it. You may be making a great mistake, warns Hannah--a spell that affects the heart can be very dangerous. Not if it's kept under control, scoffs Angelique. It can't be kept under control, says Hannah, there's no telling how Quentin will react, he may even become violent. I don't care how he reacts, as long as he brings her back here, insists Angelique--that's all I want. You may lose him forever, warns Hannah. No, says Ang, Quentin will be mine again, it's just a matter of time--now, we're going to need madrigore (?) and spring water for the potion, and we must have it all ready before Quentin returns! She leaves the room.

Again a Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does do so rather well...

And apparently there was some question of how to spell "mandragora" - but the quote has it correctly. I guess the spelling wasn't looked up for the Robservations.  [easter_rolleyes]  Apparently in ancient times the mandragora plant was used as a narcotic and an aphrodisiac, and it was also believed to have certain magical powers. A perfect choice for Angelique's spell! I wonder if Gordon Russell, who wrote Ep #1013, came up with it on his own or if someone else suggested it? Though why do I picture the writers having a rolodex of plants and other possible spell ingredients so they could browse it for just the right one for a spell a character was concocting?  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'I have to give you the benefit of the doubt, don't I? But you MUST admit that your arriving here at this particular time is an amazing coincidence') was back on February 15th of 2021.