Author Topic: A new fireplace??!!  (Read 806 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
A new fireplace??!!
« on: August 15, 2002, 04:44:56 AM »
It always cracks me up when rooms we've seen before change. . i of course note Julia's. ..i don't recall no fireplace in that room before--not when Willie was shakin' her leg when she was semi-conscious after being ravished by Tom . .was it there and i really didn't see it??  Or is she just moving up in the household heirarchy and getting better rooms, with a view?

Anyone else care to name really BIG setting/scene changes (not bloopers per say but calculated changes).

Julia99

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Re: A new fireplace??!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 04:55:19 AM »
It always cracks me up when rooms we've seen before change. . i of course note Julia's. ..i don't recall no fireplace in that room before--not when Willie was shakin' her leg when she was semi-conscious after being ravished by Tom . .was it there and i really didn't see it??  Or is she just moving up in the household heirarchy and getting better rooms, with a view?

Anyone else care to name really BIG setting/scene changes (not bloopers per say but calculated changes).

I recall when (sigh)... Sarah was ill from Angelique's handiwork, her room was as a little girl's room should be with toys and lovely paintings hung over a fireplace, although when Sarah became deathly ill her room changed into what appeared to me to be a walk in closet with a window.  I may be mistaken alas it is what I believe I saw.  ?!?
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 05:16:31 AM »
Vicky got a new fireplace too! I haven't seen today's yet, maybe she and Julia are taking turns in the "good" bedroom?  ::)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 07:21:01 AM »
I'd also like to chat about what rooms really needed H.E.L.P. e.g. the Drawing Room at Collinwood got pretty boring after w while and the Drawing Room of the Old House looked so much nicer in Parallel Time, it had more than 2 chairs in it!  . . That liquor cart in PT was ultraCOOL. . .of course that natty afghan followed B into PT too. .
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 10:25:11 AM »
Gosh I notice these room changes all the time. I know the Blair house that Nickolas uses now is exactly the same as they used for Dr.Lang's residence. From the staircase, the main room & the front door, it's all  situated just as Dr.Lang's residence was.  They seem to use this set up quite frequently on the show. I've also noticed that the main room looks to be the same one as they used for Naomi & Joshua's bedroom during the 1795 storyline.

Another room that is frequently used is Angelique's old bedroom from 1795. I can always tell by the window that is there in that room.  There's a kind of slant right above it so it quite noticeable.

You're right about the fireplace being new in Julia's room as this is the first time that I've seen it there. ;)

"Calamity Jane"