Author Topic: Opening Voiceovers  (Read 2224 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Voiceovers
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2002, 12:45:09 PM »

VAM said she should get together with Harry Johnson, so maybe she did!  ;D

Thanks for pointing that out. ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 05:51:26 AM »
...John Karlen is a great actor, but I can't stand it when he does the voiceover.

I hated that creepy, croaky voice he used for those! Maybe it was just him goofing on the absurdity of the openings, thus upping the cheese content.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2002, 07:35:27 AM »

So do I.  She's got the most exotic voice for a dramatic reading...as an aside, I've heard a couple of radio dramas she'd been involved in.  The quality wasn't great, but what a treat to sit back, close my eyes and just listen to that voice!  It's a shame she didn't do more of that type of work.

MrsJ.

Mrs.J I've heard Weekend at Glebes which is good, what is the other that you've heard?   . BTW--anyone can hear Weekend at Glebes in NYC at the Radio & Television Museum (that ain't the official name but it you want it. . i'll get it.)  Put it on your itinerary for NYC in 2003. . .during Fest Week.  That's what I did last year + seeing Grayson & Derek Jacobi in the Suicide at the Bill Rose Theatre Collection of the  NY Public Library. .Lincoln Center..2 hours in a Herman Miller Chair. . very comfy.  I saw the videotape of the play in January and came out to Lincoln Center at twilight, amber light all around me and snow falling. . so ideal. . .
Julia99

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2002, 08:18:26 AM »
Mrs.J I've heard Weekend at Glebes which is good, what is the other that you've heard?

I'm not Mrs.J, J99, but I think she is referring to another Suspense episode called "Snow on 66."  I envy you having seen the tape of Grayson and Derek Jacobi in "The Suicide." I've read Steve's comments of that tape and would dearly love to be able to see it someday.

Bette
Life works if you let it