Author Topic: What a difference a year makes!!  (Read 844 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
What a difference a year makes!!
« on: July 16, 2002, 12:44:54 AM »
Was it just a year ago Barnabas was feeling justified in reducing poor Willie to slave status because he committed the unpardonable sin of attempting to rob a grave?

Was it just a year ago that Willie was giddy with delight at the prospect of finding jewels in that grave, desecration be damned?

And now....just a year later, we have Barnabas demanding that Willie go rob some poor soul's body out of consecrated ground to satisfy the demands of the Animated Adolescent Corpse .  And we have WILLIE refusing to comply, with more conscience and conviction than we have ever seen from him.  I'm not sure when Willie sprouted a backbone, but it was delightful to see.

Unfortunately, Barnabas is too wiley for Willie, and manages to confuse the poor "half-wit kid" (as Karlen once called him) into agreeing to the horrible task, out of concern for Maggie Evans....the girl he has just conceded will probably marry Joe Haskell.

In a town full of moral stupor ("I no longer know what is right or wrong...only what is neccesary") we have Willie Loomis.....being loyal, chivalrous and 'innocent'.

Is this the same bunch of characters?!!

Are we still watching the same SHOW?!!!!!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What a difference a year makes!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 02:06:40 AM »
Yes, indeed. BUT, I just rewatched those shows on the first disc and it is incredible how quickly Willie changed after being bitten! He was truly penitent with Vicky and Carolyn and seemed to be caring about people, probably for the first time. Who knew that being bitten on the wrist could have that effect?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 05:01:04 AM »
Is this the same bunch of characters?!!

Are we still watching the same SHOW?!!!!!

Raineypark

rotflmao! Hard to believe. They've all changed soo much. Look at Carolyn! LOL .... I miss when she was an evil rebel child ... *le sigh*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 08:36:30 AM »
You're so right Rainey, what a big difference a year does make!!  It's nice to see that Willie has changed for the better, caring for those around him and also being more considerate of others.  But what's sad is that while all this change has taken place in Willie, those around him still treat him like a common criminal or as someone who simply still cannot be trusted.

As for the others, David also changed quite drastically.  Last year his head was full of murderous thoughts,  and now he's so quiet you hardly ever see him! :)
"Calamity Jane"