Author Topic: Jeff Clark: That Romantic Wordsmith!  (Read 935 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Jeff Clark: That Romantic Wordsmith!
« on: July 09, 2002, 03:43:05 AM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

I just loved Jeff's heartfelt words of love when he handed an obviously overjoyed Vicky, the engagement ring:  "It (the ring) is old-fashioned.  It reminded me of you."  Oh yeah, that's an example of what we call a "left handed compliment."  It's like saying to a short person: "You may be built close to the ground, but, always remember, good things come in small packages."  

I'm surprised that Jeff didn't tell "old-fashioned" Vicky, that she reminded him of, say, Moms Mabley or Grandma Moses!

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, former etiquette advisor to Patrick Buchanan and Ozzy Osbourne.  

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff Clark: That Romantic Wordsmith!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 04:35:55 AM »
I had to rewind the tape to make sure I heard "September" and "24" as Vicki's favorite month and date.  That's my daughter's birthday and she will be 20 this year!  This is my third run through of DS and, for the life of me, I've NEVERheard that date before.

More gets revealed the more you watch.  
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 09:28:23 AM »
LOL I feel jipped! I woulda been like "*points to ground* Kneel. Now ask me!" GRRRRRR [angrb] [vryangy] [dsapy] Shame on Jeff! LOL And Vicki. I thought [hoped?] she was going to faint when she walked away. LOL or say "NOOOO" but she didn't. [sure] LOL Jeff was cute rambling "I can list all my worst qualities for you ... " [puke] I mean, how cute lol :D
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 08:46:33 AM »
And then he goes and ruins it by say to Vicky, "this wasn't the one I wanted to get you!!"  [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"