Author Topic: Roger Rant  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Kid_A_Grue

• Incestors?!?
    • View Profile
    • My Diary
Roger Rant
« on: July 09, 2002, 12:22:32 AM »
I'm sorry. I just have to say that ROGER IS THE MAN~!!! He is awsome!! Lousi Edmonds did a great job playing the part! He recovered flubbs with ease. "It SEEMED like a hundred miles!" I love Roger. I'm not IN LOVEI just just have a case of the Hero worship thing. I mean, after his car crash he takes pain pills AND CHASES IT WITH BRANDY!!! That is a MAN!! I Because of him I wanna own a big company and drink and drive fast cars and have a son who holds a gun to the camera and says 'I WANNA KILL THEM ALL!!'( Was that NOT  a bit freaky? Nowadays they'd NEVER let that fly on the airwaves..), I want to get rich and look down on commoners. I want to marry a Phinox AND a Witch afterwards. Roger is my hero!!! Why do people smack down Roger? HE'S AWSOME and the greatest thing this is HE'S SO DRUNK HE'S OBLIVIOUS!! Well, not as bad as Vicki Winter( BOO HISS!) but he makes it look GOOD!!

ROGER!!! POUR ME A BRANDY DAMNIT!!!  8) ;D
I'm a reasonable Grue get off my case get off my case get off my case.  All your Base are belong to us!

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Rant
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 02:05:56 AM »
I agree. Roger is everything that I'm looking for in a man. (Actually, I don't drink, but I think he's cute when he does, so that's OK.) So.....if you ever achieve your goal of being just like Roger-look out, I'll be waiting for you! :-*
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 06:18:05 AM »
If I ever had a doubt that I had found my people, it was erased after reading this board  8) because Roger is possibly my most favorite character on DS.

Snob though he is, he is my favorite snob.  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 07:59:05 AM »
I agree  ;D I just love it when Roger goes off on
a tangent ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 06:58:36 PM »
Somehow I suspect Roger Collins would have been unendurable to watch....if he'd been portrayed by anyone less brilliant than Louis Edmonds.

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2002, 02:17:38 AM »
I'm jumpin on this wagon. Roger IS the one. Louie as Roger is a whole lotta fun to watch. He was given incredible lines. My favorite Roger is the pre-Barn Roger.

During Louie's tribute at the Fest in Anaheim, a (20 min.?) clip was shown of Louie doing one of those half hour character study shows from the Fifties & Sixties. Anyway, Louie played the "friend"  of a Divorcee who's newsy neighbor comes over to snoop. It was like seeing a "normal" Roger Collins (devoid of guilt and ghosts). It was a rare treat.

Some of my favorite "Roger Moments"

After he finds the room Viki is locked in he grabs something and hits the door to scare her. I fall off the sofa every time.

Soon after Viki arrives at Collinwood, Roger tries to break into her room and Liz catches him. They have this hushed argument and Roger's reaction is pa-riceless. The discussion they have in the drawing room afterward is NOT to be missed!

Roger is sorting through the morning mail (in the kitchen) and in the course of the conversation he refers to David as a monster and tells Viki to, "give him a kick for me."

Louie's Roger was a hoot.
Dom

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2002, 04:21:04 AM »
;D  I love Roger!  He doesn't even have to go on a tangent and he gets his point across with those scowls and "looks".  Louis Edmonds....as the commercial goes...."priceless". :) :)

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2002, 07:29:24 AM »
Somehow I suspect Roger Collins would have been unendurable to watch....if he'd been portrayed by anyone less brilliant than Louis Edmonds.

Raineypark

I can think of NO ONE else that could have played Reg and had us love him like Big Lou - same goes for Thayer David [The King] and Jerry Lacy, and would have to say the same for Lara Parker!  that was somethng that got lost in the 1991 show - not much multi-dimentional character there!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2002, 05:03:40 PM »
I can think of NO ONE else that could have played Reg and had us love him like Big Lou - same goes for Thayer David [The King] and Jerry Lacy, and would have to say the same for Lara Parker!  that was somethng that got lost in the 1991 show - not much multi-dimentional character there!

Well put  Ringo there are few subs for those greats!
certain roles can be played again like Batman for example(even though Adam West would not agree!)
but the 1991 show didn't work for me because it was hard to see anyone else in those roles kinda like the second Darrin LOL!(still a Dick York fan!)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2002, 04:13:30 AM »
Roger cracks me up all the time. The way he'll hint at something with Cassandra, but he won't come out and say it. And then when he does, it's like "YAAAAAAY!" My fav part [from the pre-barn eps] was his and Carolyn's relationship. They were adorable. LOL you can see how the "commoners" thought there was incest going on up at Collinwood. HEHEHE *giggle* but they were cute. Too bad they became so distanced. Roger was kind of like her confidant, and theirs was like the *only* familial bond in the house. Now everyone is just pitted against one other. Well, you know what I mean -- they each have their own secrets, and no one tells, and they go on pretending to live this wonderful life, playing their parts for other people and pretending to know happiness .... hey wait, that's reality!!  ;)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2002, 06:49:17 AM »

certain roles can be played again like Batman for example(even though Adam West would not agree!)

I won't even dignify that comment with a counter-comment! ;)

Adam West IS Batman!!!
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"